Thread: [Req]Tutorial for 2 effects in vegas?

Default [Req]Tutorial for 2 effects in vegas?

Firstly, I'd like to state that I'm sorry for posting this if there is another like this. I HAVE looked at the "Searching for Vegas Answers" thread prior to this but was unsure of what it is called that I'm looking for.

Now onto the main point here. I'm looking for 2 tutorials.

The first one should be basic, I want to add a watermark (An outside source, a picture from my documents) to each of my clips. Anyone know about doing this?

Secondly, I want to have an effect on my clips. I want it to be like a colored "Frost" effect.

Let me show you:

In the first few seconds when he exists the building, he gets a "Frosted" effect that builds. Well I dont want it to necessarly build but I want to be able to have a bit darker/blacker outline with a bit darker inside color. (I plan to use blue and red at seperate clips).

Does anyone think they have a clue on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

1. Google for "Watermark in Sony Vegas" - there are dozens f tuts so there's little point me repeating, but fundamentally one way is to create your logo with a transparent background (using a photo editor prgram or similar), put it on a track above you main video and change the properties to of the logo media to Straight, unmatted Right click on the media, Properties | Media | Alapha - Straight (unmatted), reduce the opacity of the logo to make it translucent.

2. Very Similar to above. Create a "Frosted" image - - just blacks greys and whites - in photo editor. Put that on the track above your editor. Change the opacity of this track to increase the amout of frositiness over time - either use Cpomposite envelopes on the track (if you have Pro) or fade the track in/out. That's the most basic way. Other ways would involve compositing the greyscale image wuith another layer/layers to get a more subtle effect, but I'd have to play around with that before giving hard & fast advice.
    Hope that helps.
    Tim

Right, I think I understand that. Im still pretty new when it comes to vegas.

Blog Entries

Give it a go and if you get stuck, come back and ask again.
    Tim