Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about my video?

1. Smile What do you think about my video?

I've made a little video (maybe it could be called slideshow) about the Sexism ...
    What is your opinion about it?

p.s. Could you give me some advances about how to improve it?

Thanks a lot to all in advance!!!

Did you make up a new word "Abusation" also the caption "Is it so hard to don't discriminate, don't reprime and don't dominate" doesn't mean anything as it's written. I am presuming your first language is not English. I think you could have gotten your message across better in less time. The message is very simple and taking over 5 mins to say it seemed a bit to long. It's almost as though you wanted to put in a lot of the stereotypical images of "the beautiful people" into the video, which contradicted your over all message.

Needs some work on the language, it doesn't quite work message wise and it could be punchier with less images and maybe some dialogue as well.

Video Production Services Company UK London

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Did you make up a new word "Abusation" also the caption "Is it so hard to don't discriminate, don't reprime and don't dominate" doesn't mean anything as it's written. I am presuming your first language is not English. I think you could have gotten your message across better in less time. The message is very simple and taking over 5 mins to say it seemed a bit to long. It's almost as though you wanted to put in a lot of the stereotypical images of "the beautiful people" into the video, which contradicted your over all message.
    Yeah...it's right...I'm not english. I speak english a little only because I study it at school
    I hoped that my message would inspire and awake people's consciences ...
    Thank you for your opinion!

p.s. The word "Abusation" exists in english ^_^ ... the problem and probably the fortune is that english gots new word every day ... so, it means that you can't know all them

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dariv View Post
    Needs some work on the language, it doesn't quite work message wise and it could be punchier with less images and maybe some dialogue as well.

Video Production Services Company UK London
    Thanks also for your response! ... it's exactly my problem: the english

Blog Entries

I'm sorry. Making allowances for your English, I still don't understand what your message is. What are you trying to say - we shouldn't celebrate the differences between the sexes? Jokes based on stereotypical views of the different sexes are wrong? Men shouldn't look on women as sex objects and vice-versa?
    You then promote the idea of love, but this makes absolutely no sense. You seem to be saying A is wrong therefore B is right which does not stand up. It's like saying if you don't like apples you must like pears.

Edit: I'm watching again....

OK So I paid special attention to your captions rather than the images and I see the point of your video is "sometime we think the abusation of the differences [between the sexes] is a natural thing."

1. I think you'll find that there is no such word as abusation (even if you find it on the internet). I', pretty sure you mean "abuse"

2. It is not clear what you mean by abusation of the difference from the film.

3. If you really do mean "we think the abuse of the difference is a natural thing" the your film totally contradicts this. The reason that your images of men abusing women and women abusing men are so strong (which is why they have mainy been used in advertisments) is because we do not find it natural. If we found it natural, the images would not draw our attention.

Unless I've totally misunderstood.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 04-28-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Tim

7. Post

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I'm sorry. Making allowances for your English, I still don't understand what your message is. What are you trying to say - we shouldn't celebrate the differences between the sexes? Jokes based on stereotypical views of the different sexes are wrong? Men shouldn't look on women as sex objects and vice-versa?
    You then promote the idea of love, but this makes absolutely no sense. You seem to be saying A is wrong therefore B is right which does not stand up. It's like saying if you don't like apples you must like pears.

Edit: I'm watching again....

OK So I paid special attention to your captions rather than the images and I see the point of your video is "sometime we think the abusation of the differences [between the sexes] is a natural thing."

1. I think you'll find that there is no such word as abusation (even if you find it on the internet). I', pretty sure you mean "abuse"

2. It is not clear what you mean by abusation of the difference from the film.

3. If you really do mean "we think the abuse of the difference is a natural thing" the your film totally contradicts this. The reason that your images of men abusing women and women abusing men are so strong (which is why they have mainy been used in advertisments) is because we do not find it natural. If we found it natural, the images would not draw our attention.

Unless I've totally misunderstood.
    ... I understand your thoughts and opinion ... You know, making this slideshow is like translating a thought from chinese language to russian language. It needs an interpretation, not a simple translation. Very probably you noticed that my english is quite bad ... and maybe you and someone there on the forum, couldn't understand my video ... but, I assure you that in my language this video has a profound significance.
    Thank you to paying attention to my mistakes ... like the "abusation" and other.

What does Abusation mean ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JanQuarius View Post
    It needs an interpretation, not a simple translation.
    All credit to you for attempting this. If you are unable to simply translate to English (and I'm full of admiration for anyone who has the ability even to attempt this) then it is even more important that the pictures tell the story you want to tell. As you keep at it, you will get better and hopefully end up making stuff which transcends all language barriers.
    Tim

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What does Abusation mean ?
    The meaning of the word "Abusation" cuold be Abuse ... but, unfortunately I suppose it's used very rarely. So ... for you it doesn't mean anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast