Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the Royalty Free Music in Movie Studio HD Production Suite??

Default Where is the Royalty Free Music in Movie Studio HD Production Suite??

I just purchased Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite. I am new to the program, but have played around with the trial version before buying.
    I am trying to add one of the "400 exclusive music soundtracks" included with the program. I have used the Explorer window to try and find them, as well as searching my computer with the Windows search function, and can't come up with them.
    Searched the internet, youtube, and this forum, and can't find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries

There is no Music type facility within any of teh Vegas programs. I'm guessing this would have come on a separate CD/DVD. Register your product (well worth doing anyway) at Sony Creative Software - Vegas video - ACID & Sound Forge audio editing) then contact their Customer Services if you can't find what you're after.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    There is no Music type facility within any of teh Vegas programs. I'm guessing this would have come on a separate CD/DVD. Register your product (well worth doing anyway) at Sony Creative Software - Vegas video - ACID & Sound Forge audio editing) then contact their Customer Services if you can't find what you're after.

Thanks Tim. After much cussing and some more time, I was able to find the soundtrack mp3 library that is included with the program. It was included on the installation DVD, but not installed on my computer during the initial install and registration process.
    I supposed I could copy and paste the folder into the Sony folder under the Program Folder on my computer if I really wanted to. But for now I will just browse the music library with the DVD in my DVD drive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    I supposed I could copy and paste the folder into the Sony folder under the Program Folder on my computer if I really wanted to. But for now I will just browse the music library with the DVD in my DVD drive.
    I have a whole hard drive full of music that I use for videos (some ripped - legally, some free downloads and some Smartsound stuff). This makes it much quicker for sorting through than trying t access DVDs CDs etc.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    Thanks Tim. After much cussing and some more time, I was able to find the soundtrack mp3 library that is included with the program. It was included on the installation DVD, but not installed on my computer during the initial install and registration process.
    Hi Red Rum

I have recently purchased SVMS HD Platinum 11 Production Suite and also not been able to find the royalty-free tracks. After searching the net and also reading yours above, I have looked on my DVD without success. Please are you able to tell me in which folder you found them? So far all the feedback I have received from people trying to help is to go in to the DVD and select a folder named "contents" as per the Sony help on their web site......I do not have this folder on my disc. I have also searched for MP3 files on the disc to no avail.

Tony,
    do these threads not help you?
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...undtracks.html
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...sion-11-a.html
    I only have MSPPS v. 10 on disc and the soundtracks are in Content > Music folder. I 'd think v 11 disc would be the same. Open the 'installation' disc and browse for other possible extras too.

Edit: MSP 11 Platinum should have the soundtracks,
    you need to have the Production Suite version for all the extras.

See the thread heading.
    Movie Studio has several versions. Platinum and Platinum Suite (formerly Platinum Production Suite) have extras.

From another source:
    Re: Vegas Movie Studio 11 supplied music tracks
    I bought a retail version from Amazon and it was in the a folder called content on one of the CD's. It included a folders for 1001 Sound FX, Border, Illustrations, Music, and Title Cards. There are 23 folders of actual songs but the contents of each folder has variations of each songs. For example there maybe a 15 sec clip of "Wedding March" with a varation A, B, C, and D. Then there might be a 30 sec clip of "Wedding March" with variations as well. So you're really not getting 300x songs, you're actually getting 23 songs with multiple variations. I think I have a count of 415 song files in 23 folders.
    Last edited by vkmast; 01-13-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks vkmast

Do the threads help, well not really as I don't have a folder called "contents" on the DVD, also looked for MP3 files which someone else suggested......no luck there either. However, it would appear from what I have read above that should I find the royalty-free tracks I would be disappointed. In view of this where would I best look for a cheap selection of tracks or better still free?

Tony

Tony,
    Since you have bought the legit retail package of this software, I'm really surprised if you don't have those folders on your VMSPPS 11 installation disc. Can you give us a screenshot of your disc label or some list of the folders that you do see when you open the installation disc? Do you have another disc with the tutorial on it?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50473571/VMSPPS11HDcover.JPG

Regarding the value of these tracks, please read some of the similar threads. I think most of us use additional material like Tim S above says.

I have this package of Sony music and it´s quite useful.... Well, it´s "free".....

Maybe you can get into Sony´s webstore and download the package. That´s what I did....

Quote Originally Posted by tonyalderton View Post
    Hi Red Rum

I have recently purchased SVMS HD Platinum 11 Production Suite and also not been able to find the royalty-free tracks. After searching the net and also reading yours above, I have looked on my DVD without success. Please are you able to tell me in which folder you found them? So far all the feedback I have received from people trying to help is to go in to the DVD and select a folder named "contents" as per the Sony help on their web site......I do not have this folder on my disc. I have also searched for MP3 files on the disc to no avail.

I'm not sure how much help I will be since I found the included music in the "Content" folder of the Installation DVD. In the "CONTENT" folder, there is a sub-folder titled "MUSIC". Within that folder there are sub-folders with the title of each kind of music. In those folders you will find the actual audio files, with different lengths and versions. I am using Movie Studio 10, so I am not sure if that it would be different or not from Version 11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast