Thread: Reaction to a thread

Default Reaction to a thread

Continued from http://www.videoforums.co.uk/ftopic3584.html

OK. I have to admit to a bit peeved at a few things here.

1) Firstly, jumping down my throat when I offer a valid point about getting the name of the s/w title right in the original question to avoid confusion;

2) Being completely bloody ignored when I actually gave the correct answer anyway; and

3) Having my posts deleted!

I know I'm having a crappy day but if my input is not actually wanted then

a) Don't fucking ask for it; and
    b) just let me know and I'll be history.

Alan,
    Calm down mate, I've lurked long enough to respect your posting and don't think anyone here is out to make things personal.

EDIT

Unfortunately I can't tell if your original response had all the info in, that we were after as it's gone. Anyway, I finally paid for Premiere Elements today so please keep the tips and advice coming.

EDIT

Edited to remove any (unintentional) offence.
    Sorry.

Blog Entries

As the webmaster of the forum I have the challenging task of both encouraging participation and providing information. As it stood, the thread provided information in a extremely confused format. I merely translated the posts (and the thread) into a use-friendly format for other members to gain beneficial information. I feel this policy to be in the best interest of the community.

I don't think a lot of people understand how difficult it is to run and moderate a forum and keep the balance correct. On one hand you've got to keep it sensible so that it doesn't descend into chaos, full of nonsense that's impossible to sift through, but at the same time, not keep it boring. It's made even more difficult when people accuse you of running a dictatorship or being too lax with the moderation.

So, out of the thousands and thousands of posts on this board, Marc removes a few to keep the place tidy, and the thread relevant and coherent. Whoop-dee-doo. Don't take it personally, it's not a fascist elite keeping the proles tied down, it's the guy who pays for and runs this forum for no cost to the end user whatsoever keeping the place tidy. The guy who has spent the most time out of everyone else on this board assisting a variety of people, who make one post then bugger off without a message of thanks, the guy who writes the guides and reviews on the main part of the site, the guy who finds the viditing news after I've promised to do so and keep forgetting , so if the moderator of any messageboard does something that you disagree with, something that you might consider an error of judgement, don't immediately assume that it's a conspiracy to silence you, don't immediately get all defensive and start accusing The Man of keeping you down, and for god's sake don't complain about it in public. Running successful website such as this is more work than a lot of people think it is, and when people start complaining about such a trivial matter, it just ends up frustrating the webmaster.

Keep calm. No one's out to get you.

Except me, but that's in a very very different way. Bwahahahahaha!!

I think you've got the wrong end of this one. Ok, so I mentioned the removing of the posts at the end. The real issue was that of being flamed for asking a reasonable question and being ignored when I answered the original question correctly only to have someone following me thanked for then saying the same thing.

It caught me on the wrong day I guess and in truth, it pissed me off royally.

The removing of the posts is not really an issue and Marc knows I think this cos I've had a chat with him about it.

I just don't want anyone to think I'm pissed off with Marc, that's all. He does a thankless job very well and puts more effort into the forums than I care to measure.

And as for complaining about it in public. Well, apologies if that's upset anyone, but I think that unless people are told they've pissed you off they might do it again. If they know then they won't - hopefully. Hence, I decided to mention it to the party(s) involved.

OK, I didn't see the entire thread, but what I can say is that misunderstandings do happen from time to time, and sometimes it's best just to let them go; to carry them on just drags out the problem, which doesn't help anyone. So come on, change your location back, change your signature back, and get back into the regular fun of telling people to de-interlace, telling people to use firewire and rolling your eyes at me for talking complete babbling nonsense.

You know you can't stay away :P

BIG HUG!