Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What else do we all do?

Default What else do we all do?

I know we've got a surfer among us, and a few other things, but when not doing video editing stuff, what do we all do? Do we have other talents and skills?

I'll start the ball rolling. I'm an amateur (as hell) photographer, and i play geetar as well. Kinda film-related, i write as well as do technical stuff like this.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Blog Entries

I've been known to play around with websites, and do a fair bit of running...

Blog Entries

Photography and darkroom stuff.

Bumping around in a darkened room with smelly chemicals, incanting strange curses and producing something on paper which could have been done in half the time at a fraction of the cost on any computer.

A suitable case for therapy.

not sure it's the correct thing to say on these forums but my other passion is playing golf. Still improving, but slowly. Currently playing off about 18 and proud of it

Blog Entries

Never did get the hang of that golf thing...

Music, bitta photography... computor stuff... geeeek!

Partick Thistle Football club (sad as that is these days), a bit of fly fishing for brown trout, and a lot of reading (anything but computing and video editing).

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

At one end of the scale (no pun intended) I'm a classical concert pianist, that's right, did all the grades and a performance Diploma and won some competitions several years back. These days I'll sit at the piano and knock out the odd Liszt study or Beethoven sonata.

At the other end of the scale I'm a Gooner (that's Arsenal fan to those who don't know). Though getting into matches is impossible these days, you have to put your name down for a Premiership game at birth.

Also play the guitar (electric, bit of grunge) as well as Classical. I also play the drums, I taught drums up until about 2 years ago, haven't got the space for 8 piece kit and cymbals these days.

Ex professional photographer, had my own studio in London, these days I shoot digitally for documentary and DVD cover purposes.

Trained as Chef after leaving school, so I enjoy cooking the odd tasty meal.

Love driving and have a passion for BMWs, the large 7 series ones. Hell, if I have to pay TAX then I want to take up as much as the road as possible right!

HI-FI connoisseur, I only listen to my music through hi end Linn, Naim equipment and prefer the southing sounds of Vinyl over the metallic, Brick Wall filtered, Japanese sounding inferior CD, as for MP3, please! I have many Vinyl LPs duplicated several times because anyone who knows anything about LPs knows that after just a dozen playings you start to loose the top end. After a dozen plays, I'll buy a new album, at least I would when you could get them, these days it's mint copies off eBay.

Writing screenplays, I have several features and a dozen or so shorts written and one day I will definitely direct one.

Seriously into films, I am always quoting lines from films as part of my general every day dialogue, it really makes my girlfriend laugh when I do it in public in a place like a restaurant, as the waiter won't know what the hell I'm on about, it makes perfect sense to him/her, but goes straight over their heads, my girlfriend just gives me a knowing smile as she has seen the film too. I don't rent DVDs as places like Blockbusters are too expensive at 3.50 each, you can buy a new release for 9.95 if you know where to look and I always watch a film at least 3 or 4 times during the first year anyway as I believe a movie is like a symphony, you can't possibly get everything out of a symphony on just one listening, same for a good film, it needs several sittings.

There is a ton more, but I'll let somebody else have a turn now
    The green top I\'m wearing in my Avatar is a disguise. I can sneak around on a Green Screen set without being seen by the editor during post

I go surfing, and skateboard occasionally, although after a broken arm stopped me surfing for a month I've given up skating properly.

I like seeing live music, mostly punk, but I'm tone deaf (I've almost mastered twinkle twinkle little star on the harmonica), and my CD & MP3 ( ) collection is all over the shop, genre and format wise. Mostly gets played on a battered 30 portable MP3/CD player.
    I have got one limited edition Party of One 7", and a signed Mastadon EP, both in mint condition.

I had a go at making a website too.

um, I expect I'll also develop an interest in debt management as soon as I finish Uni'.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Don't talk to me about debt...

Glad to see there are some other photographers here. As i said, i've only been into it a few months, so it's intimidating to be among people who know their way around a darkroom, as i've only touched digital, but it's good to have people who know what they're up to about. Do you guys have any of your work online?
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast