I'm fairly new to all this, so bear with me if I sound a bit silly.
1. I take a DVDR made for me with copies of old Cinefilms from the 1970s
2. I place it in my PC DVD drive and rip it with DVD Decrypter
3. I take one of the resultant vob files, edit it with VideoReDo, save it as a MPG file
4. I author a new DVD with VideoReDo, using this MPG file, enforcing DVD Compliance
5. I burn to DVD using Nero Express
(a) I watch the DVD on the PC and it's fine
(b) I watch the DVD on my Plasma TV and I see wavy lines every time it pans.
It's driving me mad, I've searched and searched for answers and can't find them. I've asked a few people and they say "oh it's an interlacing issue". But I am not experienced enough in the subject to understand anything I have read on the internet about interlacing, nor have I found anything written on the subject that addresses my issue. Most seem to address the issue where it plays bad on the PC and good on the TV.
I would really, really appreciate help with this as it's important I complete this project. By the way the above example is simplified to assist in diagnosing the issue, obviously I intend doing more edits etc, but if the basics aren't working then there's no point.
I look forward to hearing any suggestions anyone may wish to make.