Thread: adobe premiere frame drop

Default adobe premiere frame drop

hi, erm i've been havin this problem for some time and i'm not sure why. for some reason now when i attempt to change the duration/speed of a clip in order to make it go i either slow or fast motion i have a huge frame drop, say if i have a clip that is 25 fps and increase the speed by 10% it goes down to 1 fps hich is just ridiculous and this problem occurs after rendering and even when i export it. this is really starting to annoy me so i'd like some help my specs are as follows:
    athlon 3200xp processor
    1024mb RAM
    geforce fx 5600 ultra 128mb graphics card
    averdvd ezmaker
    80gb hard drive
    4x toshiba dvd rw
    n-force 2 chipset
    windows xp
    adobe premiere 7

You mean that even after a full render i.e. no red line, you can still only preview at 1fps? That's just wrong. I suspect that it's not truly rendered.

yep that is after a full render, i was able to do it correctly ages ago but since then i've never got it working again.

Also, check your HDD space - as a I mentioned in your other thread. Just a guess at this stage but it wouldn't be the first time a simple defrag has 'sorted out' Premiere.

thanx i'll try it but i'm not sure if it'll do much, my i've formatted my harddrive several times since i had the problem to start with due to various reasons (i.e. sp2 messing up).

No need to reformat. But Premiere pro likes plenty of space and defragged space at that. that's all. Can't hurt and good general practise anyway.

well i've defragged and even formatted the hardrive i use to capture to etc and i still get the same problem, though now it's less of a frame drop than it seems to stick if you get what i mean and plays extremly jerkily it's no where near smooth motion just like several imgages just made to vibrate in sucsession, is there anything else it could possibly be

i exported an example of my problem this is just footage captured from the tv, which i then set the speed to 70%

doesn't matter i solved the problem, i converted all the video into uncompressed dv first and then imported that and i have smooth motion. i probs wouldn't have had this prob if i had a card that could import directly into adobe.

Thanks for the update.