Thread: Vegas Render filesize more than double original filesize?

Default Vegas Render filesize more than double original filesize?

Hey. I've started used Vegas to fix mic volumes on MP4 videos I have filmed with my camera. The videos are in 1280x720 and I render them as the same, and still MP4. But the problem is the filesize always ends up at least double than it was before, even though I have not added length to it. Is there a setting I can tweak without losing visual quality?

You could try reducing the bit rate to the point where you are still happy with the quality and the file size is smaller. On the formate selection page you will see a button called custom, click on it and it opens all the options that you can change. Things like the quality setting and the bit rate might help you to reduce the file size.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You could try reducing the bit rate to the point where you are still happy with the quality and the file size is smaller. On the formate selection page you will see a button called custom, click on it and it opens all the options that you can change. Things like the quality setting and the bit rate might help you to reduce the file size.
    Thanks, is there a way to see the bitrate of the file when I first load it? Maybe I am rendering it with a higher bitrate than what it was created as?

You could try a program called GSpot. If you Google it there are lots of links to it. You could also look at the clip properties by right clicking on it.