Thread: Premiere Pro CS5 - Playing timelime stops randomly

Default Premiere Pro CS5 - Playing timelime stops randomly

Hi everybody!

I run Windows 7
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 266.58
    Intel Core i7 CPU 920@2.67 GHz
    6 GB RAM
    64 bit

I have got problems with the playback in PP CS5.
    The playback of (even a simple, 1 video) timeline, or playing a sequence in any monitorwindow, stops randomly after 1 - 15 secs and has to be started again by pressing "Play"

Looking forward to a fast reply, I´m sitting at work not working....
    Thanks in advance!

Hi Håkan,

I had the same issue with Premiere Pro, and aswell with Edius 6. I thought it had something to do with Premiere Pro not 'liking' my hardware untill I encountered the same issues in Edius.
    I found the solution however, I hope you have a similar problem.
    I have a CM 690II Advanced case, which features a front panel with an audio jack.
    I had a lot of trouble setting it up the first time, the Realtek HD audio drivers were causing me problems.
    Whenever I plugged in my headphones in the audio jack, I got on and off notifications about an audio device being plugged and unplugged, eventually causing me to turn off notifications as this seemed to be the best solution.
    I usually work with my headphones plugged into the back of the pc and my stereo plugged into the front, since I use my headset a lot more while editing.
    I finally figured out that this was my problem: the audio manager constantly saw the stereo as plugged and then unplugged again, in an infinite loop.
    I simply unplugged my stereo and my problems were gone.

I'm hoping you have a similar setup and this is the solution for your problem. If you have multiple audio jacks in your pc, try only using the main audio jack and unplugging everything else.

Sorry for the long reply, just happy to be editing again and I hope I was of some help to you

Thank you very much Rastaman2302. I had the same problem. But with only one plugged connector. So I uninstalled Realtek manager and it works fine.
    Thank you

4. Default

doesn't it need render? it may(i'm not sure) be a problem. press enter key to render your work.