Thread: Biking Edit

Default Biking Edit

Hey everyone, it's been a lonnnnnnng time since the last time I came to the forum. I hope everyone is doing great. I wanted to share a video I made since I'm back again

GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Nice one. That was really quite watchable - though I nearly didn't bother - the intro was far too long and just kept shouting Yassel at me. You don't need the whole of the intro to the music, just trim to suit.
    But I found it vey enjoyable. One or two (only) clips were held for a few frames too long for me, but the variety of shots held my interest.
    I particularly liked the edit at 2:36 and the use of the long shot for the final scene made a perfect ending.
    Good job.
    Tim

Thanks a lot for your feed back Tim, now that you mention it I see is true, I think that if I would have edited the intro siren and made it shorter the intro would have been much better. The edit at 2:36 is definitely my favorite, funny how I actually almost run over my Flip camera trying to get as close to it as possible LOL. Not to mention that I had to keep waiting for people to pass by because if they didn't see the camera they could kick it or something.

Once again, thanks a lot!
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

Nice to see you back Rebel, I agree with Tim's post. Very watchable, you must have been studying hard at editing school. There was one shot @ around 55 sec which I liked but thought it was to bumpy to include. I think you needed better cushioning for your Flip on that one BUT that's a minor point.

Good job.

Thank you Midnight. Actually I haven't been to school at all. All I did was think of all the tips you guys had given me previously and try to put apply them in my edit. Like for the next one I'll keep in my mind Tim's suggestion.
    And yes, it was bumpy, what happened is that I used tied ups to attach the camera to the bicycle, and I had no cushion at the moment. Thanks a lot for your reply.
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6