Thread: Anyone see the new Dr Who?

Blog Entries

Default Anyone see the new Dr Who?

Anyone see the new Dr Who? Nice to see they've kept the naff effects.

I'm still trying to decide whether it was great fun or just a load of bollox!!!

Blog Entries

Great fun and complete bollox!

i watched it a week or whatever ago when it first leaked, so i don't know what changed between the workprint and the actual broadcast version. I'll assume sound effects/visual effects.

It was great. Nonsense. Cheesy. But fantastic. I'm well impressed. More than i am with the US remake of the office, anyway. Ugh.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

At least the BBC have thrown a few hundred quid at this one. Anything is better than reality TV shows with has-been celebs who are happy to sit in a forrest all night for a couple of hundred quid.

Personally, I thought the making of (Dr Who confidential) the programme was better. It's on straight after Dr Who on BBC3 (I think it's BBC3 anyway).
    The green top I\'m wearing in my Avatar is a disguise. I can sneak around on a Green Screen set without being seen by the editor during post

I'm not a new fan of the new Doctor Who, honestly. I prefer the older stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eason
    I'm not a new fan of the new Doctor Who, honestly. I prefer the older stuff.
    Seems that Chris Eccleston thinks the same. He's already left the role, not bothering to sign up for a second series. I heard on the radio this morning. Apparently he doesn't want to become typecast.

Funny, too, because BBC renewed it for quite a bit more episodes. Maybe they'll find a better Doctor Who to replace him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eason
    Funny, too, because BBC renewed it for quite a bit more episodes. Maybe they'll find a better Doctor Who to replace him.
    Better? The rave reviews were based around his performance. Oops!

Blog Entries

I actually missed Ant & Dec to watch it..(don`t blame me, my better half loves em). I thought it was a hoot and true to the original in alot of ways. I just hope Billie Piper doesn`t leave too.