Thread: Can some of you check these vids out?

Default Can some of you check these vids out?

These videos are ones I have produced for people who have been on our events.
    Can some of you take a look and give me your oppinions? I don't have much time to put them together and am restricted with the cameras I use due to guidelines of paranormal investigation. I just thought you could pop a few comments here thankyou...be kind lol.
    Im not pro like you guys.
    YouTube - Blue John Cavern Investigation. Hauntastic Events.

[2nd link deleted]
    just a couple there. But theres more on you tube.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 04-18-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntastic View Post
    just a couple there. But theres more on you tube.
    Which was one too many. Please read the posting rules. One video per thread in this section. (Take as many threads as you like)
    Tim

Default Sorry.

Sorry, but like I said Im new and yes I should have read the rules first, but I was tired.
    Im not really bothered about posting anymore, I just wanted an over view and a bit of advice.
    Thankyou for guideing me in the right direction though.
    Iain.

Blog Entries

I presume that during the first half you are using subtitles rather than a voice over to give it a "scientific" feel. Watch out for spelling/typos. I was then surprised to have voices later. But so beit.
    I 'm guessing this is aimed at hardened paranormal "fans" (if that's the right word). I think you've trie to be honest rather than entertaining, which is fair enough.
    I would avoid having total silence at the very beginning though - people will wonder whether their audio is working. Put a logo/ident or something on first.
    What was that about tape cameras using a chemical negative process. The camera looked digital to me.
    Tim

Default Thankyou for the reply.

The quiet part at the start is how all or at least most of the videos begin. Its a way of getting people to spend a bit of time looking at the name without anything butting in, but I take your point. All my cameras are Hi8 tape format for the stated reason. It does make sense within the job.
    Thankyou for your imput.
    Iain.

Normally when people post a video in this section of the forum they are looking for a critique but I'm not sure how to do that with this video. I would agree that some sort of noise even if it's just ambient breathing or the wind etc., would be better than nothing. I'm not sure of the value of a video like this to the casual YouTube viewer as nothing really happens in the video but I can see that your clients would like to see a record of their evening.