Thread: FX Questions

Lightbulb FX Questions

hi guys wondering if anyone can help me, firstly the topics covered on the first page have helped me alot but i still have some questions regarding effects and ways to do things in sony vegas. I have a video here with the general consumption of what kind of effects i am looking for :

first link slow downs and speed ups? i have the general jist using velocity but are there any other methods particularly focuses on speeding up and rewinding then fast forwarding certain parts of a clip ?

the 2nd link basically how to do them boxing effects. im pretty n00by right now so any help or direction would be helpfull. thank you

The first video is velosity curves but some of it is very short clips repeated.

The "boxes" video can be done by a few different methodes. The basics are, each box is on a different track, use something like the Pan/Crop tool to crop or position the image, do this a number of times with the boxes in different positions.

Thats the basics to help you get started.

Thanks for your reply midnight blue When doing boxes can each clip (box) be animated to come into the video in a certain way?

Yes, You can use track motion or key frames to move them around any way you want.

I have another quick question, how do you reverse video clips? For example make them play from back to front...

Right click on the clip and select reverse. That's the siple way.

There is another way but you will have to look up Velocity curve in Vegas help. Basically it can be used to speed up or slowdown clips but if you take it into negative it will start to rewind the clip. You can have great fun with the velocity curve.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Right click on the clip and select reverse. That's the siple way.

There is another way but you will have to look up Velocity curve in Vegas help. Basically it can be used to speed up or slowdown clips but if you take it into negative it will start to rewind the clip. You can have great fun with the velocity curve.
    Hi midnight,

Is velocity curve a vegas pro thing? I could not find the topic in movie studio HD platinum 10.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by videokilledtheradiostar View Post
    Is velocity curve a vegas pro thing?
    Yes. We have to have some things which justify the 10x price!
    Tim

I really will have to learn what the Pro version has that Movie Studio hasn't. Sorry about that. You can still reverse the clip.

10. Default

yah reverse works just fine indeed.