Thread: Problem importing from DVD-R into Studio 15HD

Default Problem importing from DVD-R into Studio 15HD

Hi. I've just bought Studio 15HD to edit my family home videos. Had previously transferred all onto DVD-R from VHS tapes (via Pioneer DVD Recorder). Problem is that the software only seems to copy the first part of each clip. For example I can only import the first 20 seconds of a clip that is 3 minutes long. I can play the DVD satisfactorily in both my computer and a number of DVD players, so I think the recording is ok. Would appreciate any help.

Default Problem with Studio 15 "Import"

Problem with Studio 15 "Import":
    First I've imported from a DVD containing short family video (PAL, .VOB). In the scenes of the imported videoclips there have been introduced such horizontal strips that, I guess, depend on the "Interlaced" frames of the video.

The tool provided by Studio 15 (video effect- deinterlace) does not work. It does not remove such strips.

Then I've translate the video from DVD into AVI with "Any video Converter" and then I've inported such AVI video by means of Pinnacle Studio 15 but, again, it introduces such horizontal strips.

The question is: how can I import my family video without degrading di video clips with such Horizontal strips?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help