Thread: which transition?

Default which transition?

Hi. I am beginning to learn how to edit on abobe premiere pro 7 and i would like to know what a certain transition is called. They use it in shows like pimp my ride and buffy the vampire slayer. Its like a morph from one clip to another. not really a disolve. just a morph. thats the best i can explain it. does anybody know of this transition? is it in adobe premiere pro 7? thanks so much.

Not wanting to sound sarcastic, but it's called, erm, a morph

As for whether it's in premiere, I don't know, I doubt it, it's probably in After Effects, but you'll have to wait for an answer from an AE user about that.

Blog Entries

Can't really picture the effect you're thinking of... but what about winmorph? http://www.debugmode.com/winmorph/

download a trial of discreets combustion it has more advanced visual effects as thats it's purpose, it has the morph ability which can be keyed etc as you see fit, it can also do things like morph one face into another, the showcase videos on the discreet website will show you more techniques http://www4.discreet.com/combustion/

Default what do u mean

what did you mean by keying in what you just said- sry- im sorta new at this stuff. all i know about keying is that you can key in a green screen.

sorry i didnt explain furthur, you're correct that keying is used to describe green screen etc, what i actually meant was keyframing, my fault for wording it wrong, keyframing basically means that in the timeline of the footage you can place a key at one point then move along the timeline and place another, then apply an effect on the point of one keyframe and the computer will animate all the frames in between creating a smooth transition. this system is used a lot in animation software etc because it means you get a cleaner effect and it is far quicker than changing every frame. as i said before though i would use combustion, it's extremly effective and they offer a free trial so quids in.

Default keyframing

great. thanks so much! I will definately try that program also.