Thread: Sony Vegas Repeat Problem

Default Sony Vegas Repeat Problem

Ahhh so I was rendering a pretty basic video, just speed up to the limit and only 2 different clips. So when it was done rendering I went to go play it and after the the second clip, it started again.

In vegas, the movie shows up as 2 minutes long and everything in clips is how it should be, but when I played it on my computer it showed as 6 minutes with parts of the second clip repeated after the original video when it wasn't like that in Vegas. Any help is much appreciated~

I think a screen grab of your time line etc would help us to help you. It sounds like you set your in out points and then did the time change. Look for a little notch at the top of the clips this will show that they are over stretched and starting from the beginning again. But with out more info it's hard to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think a screen grab of your time line etc would help us to help you. It sounds like you set your in out points and then did the time change. Look for a little notch at the top of the clips this will show that they are over stretched and starting from the beginning again. But with out more info it's hard to know for sure.
    Heres a screenshot of the time line Vegas.jpg

It says 3 minutes but when I play it on my computer it will say something like 8 minutes.

To be honest I don't know what is going on with this. As a work around you could try setting a loop region and on the render screen tick the render loop region only to see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    To be honest I don't know what is going on with this. As a work around you could try setting a loop region and on the render screen tick the render loop region only to see if that works.
    I actually found a solution. I was saving it as an mpeg file but this time I rendered it as an wmv file and it worked out somehow. Thank you for the help though~

Quote Originally Posted by rawrnyappy View Post
    I actually found a solution. I was saving it as an mpeg file but this time I rendered it as an wmv file and it worked out somehow. Thank you for the help though~
    That ain't no solution nor a solution for those reading this that would see this as a way out of not being able to render an mpeg. A fully registered licensed copy of Vegas will render mpeg day in day out. I was doing this all day yesterday with no hitches.

If I were you I'd contact SONY Customer services and tell them your issue. The only reason that Vegas won't render mpeg is that it hasn't been bought and registered with SONY. For example, a DEMO version. The MainConcept Encoder for MPEG2 is only available with officially registered licensed copies of Vegas. If you have done this, then what is left is a flawed or corrupt install. BTW, you should still be able to render MPEG1 files. MC allowed for this and in the dim and distant past I've had remarkable results playing MPEG1, yes VCDs!

Wellllll, I dunno. I mean it worked for me so that's all that matters, I'm fine with saving it as a different file type as long it'll play correctly.