Thread: Mac Ram help help

1. Default Mac Ram help help

Hello please help me. We are using a 2008 Mac Pro 8 core and if you like that kind of thing its great. However the Ram speed is only 800mhz and the speed below 667mhz is becoming a bit obsolete. So is it worth us getting another Mac Pro with 800mhz ram as actually they are a good price second hand. Or is 800mhz going to be just as bad as 667mhz in a year or so??
    Thanks guys

wedding videographer London shooting modern wedding video

You can replace ram on a mac can't you? Probelm is you buy something and it goes out of date very quickly. What are you wanting to use on the MAC that you didn't need before?

3. Default

yeah we need another computer as we have become busier than we thought. We use final Cut so unfortunatly it's another Mac. From what gather 667mhz ram doesn't do 64bit/snow leaopod properly. Where as 800mhz does ( the speed has to be match, you cant put 1066mhz ram on a 800mhz machine) So was wondering if there was some development in the near future that wound make 800mhz go the same way as 667mhz

wedding videographer shooting modern wedding video

you seen the Final Cut Pro x review yet? Might be worth checking out what computer OS will be used to support that if you have money to invest.. I got to admit I have a 2010 iMAC with quad core processor and 1Tb of memory a 4Gb ram. Now I am running with only 200Gb left it is sometimes running slower but not often. It has a an intel i5 chip and sorry,... without firing the MAC up and checking the technical specs I cannot remember what they are...The computer is okay though and has no issues with FCP. The "i" chipsets run at one frequency then turbo boost to a higher frequency when needed. i am running FCP6 at the moment with color 1 it does okay and can't complain. Yeah sorry yes i can ...I am waiting for FCP10 where no more rendering will be the norm with automatic colour correction...shock

This is the one I brought it has a 1Gb graphics card..

Configure - Apple Store (UK)

5. Default

We got a 1066mhz ram mac pro in the end. Wish we had Adobe production suite as well as rubbish Final Cut Studio 2

wedding video from wedding videographer