Thread: Fraeme Speed

1. Default Fraeme Speed

Hello All,

I'm putting together a slide show and I would like the images to stay visible for quite a bit longer than the default speed. Can I ask how I would slow things and what would be a good speed?

Thank you as always,

Best wishes
    Graeme

I think you'll need to re-word your question. Do you mean the default clip length when you place a still image on the timeline?

David.

3. Default

Yeah that's right David, I just want the slideshow to go slowly.

Thank you

The quick way to do this in Premiere is before you import your pictures, go to "Edit", "Preferences", "General" and change the "Still Image Default Duration" to the length you want your slideshow images to be. That way when you put them on your timeline you will have your clips the length you set as default. If you have already imported your images and changed any properties you might not want to go back and start all over again, but don't worry there is another quick way.

Select all the clips on your timeline, right click on one of them and chose "Speed/Duration" from the pop up menu. Select the "Ripple Edit, Shifting Trailing Clips" check box and change the duration to the new duration that you want each image to appear on screen for.

If you have previously set animation keyframes for any/all of the images, you may need to go back and adjust them all. If so it's no great hastle, you just need to change the position of the end keyframes you set. I don't think there's a quick (batch) way to do this. If you have all the same animations set for all the clips you could change one of them, right click on it, select "copy", then select the rest of the clips, right click and select "paste attributes", this pastes everything from the copied clip into whatever clips have been selected.

David.

5. Default

Hello David,

I can only see Video Transition Default Duration which is 150 Frames and Audio Transition Default Duration which is 1.0 Seconds

Is this the option I have to change?

Thank you,

Best wishes
    Graeme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    ..Video Transition Default ..
    As it says - this is for setting the TRANSITION duration - ie how long the two frames 'cross over'. As David said - you need to -

go to "Edit", "Preferences", "General" and change the "Still Image Default Duration" to the length you want your slideshow images to be...

7. Default

Hello There,

I see it now, I needed to click Still Images in the left hand pane. it is currently set to 200 frames default duration, can I ask what would be a good setting for a slow peaceful slideshow!

Thank you,

Best wishes
    Graeme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    ..can I ask what would be a good setting for a slow peaceful slideshow..
    Try doubling it to 400 - but at the end of the day it'll be a matter of personal preference that only you'll know.

I see it now, I needed to click Still Images in the left hand pane
    Sometimes you need to look around a bit when getting advice from a user of a different version of the software. Perhaps this is something that changed a little in the GUI over a few versions, it often happens, but is usually easy enough to find if it does. It may not be on this occasion, I haven't actually checked.

As well as being a personal taste, a good setting for a slideshow will also depend on the content of the slides and the music accompanying it.

David.