Thread: Hdv30

1. Default Hdv30

I am thinking of buying a Sony FX1 or a Z1 if the budget will stretch, but I have recently stumbled upon the Canon HDV20/30. After watching a few clips on YouTube, I am blown away by the image quality. Was seriously thinking of picking up one of these as a second or third camera (they are going for around 500 - 700 bucks on eBay). The price is fantastic for the image quality...

I have heard their low light performance is quite poor, though, and since I am shooting weddings I would be concerned about this. Also, would the quality match a Sony FX1 or Z1?

Any help would be appreciated!

I use the HV30 and its a great cam, Im going to be getting a few more myself. As far as low light is concerned, i havent found much of a problem, the controls are great in that they allow you to control the iris manualy. If you have any specif questions feel free to ask and I'll answer them the best I can
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    I use the HV30 and its a great cam, Im going to be getting a few more myself. As far as low light is concerned, i havent found much of a problem, the controls are great in that they allow you to control the iris manualy. If you have any specif questions feel free to ask and I'll answer them the best I can
    Thanks very much for your response.

I shoot mostly wedding videos, and some churches can be a bit dark, so was just worried about the HV30's light light capabilities! Wouldn't want it to be overly grainy, and not match with the image quality from the FX1 or Z1.

I shoot weddings, memorials and events with the HV30 with no problems. Take a look at some of the reveiws online about it. also check out Canon HV20, HV30 & HV40 User Forum the HV line has a big following
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction