Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer for new short film

Default Trailer for new short film

Hi Guys,
    this is a trailer I knocked up for my upcoming short film. Look forward to hearing what you guys think about it.

Blog Entries

Works for me as trailer, though it seemed to take a while to get going. I'm only talking seconds, but you really need to get a hook in immediately - especially in a trailer.
    Looking forward to the whole film though. Hope it lives up to the expectations generated by the trailer.
    Tim

nicely shot, good sound ..... but doesn't give much away does it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    but doesn't give much away does it
    I thought ot gave away just enough to intrigue. My take on it is that the main character is in a bit of a dead end life, and the guy in blue is either an external or internal ifluence on him who's trying to give him a kick up the backside (In response to "Who are you" he holds up a crystal ball - which i thought was a mirror at first, and might even have been better as a mirror). But I may be wrong ...
    Tim

Very interesting, I want to see it. Looks and sounds great.

Cheers for the feedback guys, I'm glad it's rousing some interest. Tim you've pretty much got it spot on! I'm quite impressed how much of the story you got from it. Although it is actually a mirror he's holding up not a crystal ball. It's a little round shaving mirror. I'll stick it up on here as soon as I can. Cheers

Martin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martchap View Post
    Although it is actually a mirror he's holding up not a crystal ball. It's a little round shaving mirror.
    That explains why I though both. I decided crystal ball on secnd viewing as he is holding the mirror concave side (rather than flat side) facing and hence the reflection is upside down. I think you need to re-shoot
    Tim

yeah we noticed that, I thought maybe I could add a circular mask around the image in the mirror and rotate it 180. You think that might work because there are a few more shots of him in the mirror later on and it does look a little funny!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martchap View Post
    yeah we noticed that, I thought maybe I could add a circular mask around the image in the mirror and rotate it 180. You think that might work because there are a few more shots of him in the mirror later on and it does look a little funny!
    I was only pulling your leg - it's a shame it's used elsewhere. You could try rotating it but I suspect that will look "wrong" and probably drw attention to it more than the inveted image that you have. No harm intrying a few frames and see how it goes.
    Tim

Hi Guys,
    I've completed the film now, I can't make it public because it might interfere with festival entries but if some of you want to see it, I'd like to get some feedback from some of the vets on the forum. Message me and i'll give you the link and the password

Cheers

Martin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast