Hello, I need to purchase a Camcorder to record my electronics video tutorials.
To give you a better image of what I'll do: First I'll introduce the tutorial (will be around 2-3 meters away from the camera), then I'll shoot to the table where I'll be showing how to do the stuff (1 meter), and finally, but not in all of my videos, I'll need to focus really close to an electronics chip (1-5 cm, maybe the Macro mode might do it).
I've been thinking on recording the video with the camcorder and the audio with my MacBook Pro's GarageBand or this Mixer (a friend has it). A possibility is to record the audio with an external microphone connected to the camcorder, but I don't know if I can do much editing later.
So, what I expect of the camcorder:
- Preferably less than $300 USD
- At least 1080p
- Pocket Camcorder *optional
- Macro (or a way to focus on tiny things)
- Compatible with Mac
- Mic input *optional
- Still Photos *optional
- Optical Zoom *optional (would love it had it!)
The best camcorders I've come with so far are:
- Kodak Zi8 - Kodak Zi8 HD Pocket Video Camera, Black, Aqua & Digital - Kodak Online Store
- Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG102: Digital Camera | Full HD Camera | VPC-CG100 | Xacti SANYO
- Might save some more for the Sony HDR-CX110, but I don't know if it's too much for what I need: HDR-CX110 | Full HD Memory Card Camcorder | Sony | Sony Style USA
What are your thoughts? Please comment!
Feel free to suggest other Camcorders!