Thread: Singer/Songwriter Video

Default Singer/Songwriter Video

Hi

I am putting this up mainly so Midnight Blue can see what it was I was asking him all those questions for!! I know it's nowhere near perfect, but it is a different style from my usual musical stuff and I haven't tried to do a "story" before.

Cheers

John

That's not half a bad job there John. I would change a few things like the picture of the violin 20 secs and the one at 5:56 is stretched, try cropping it without the distortion. Reduce the amount of the old film effect on the violin player it seems too grainy to me. The clip of the poppies at 4:40 is very wobbly and then freezes, I would have slowed it down to try and reduce the wobble effect. I didn't like the bright blue background of the beginning and end titles but as it's not finished yet you can tweak it as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    That's not half a bad job there John. I would change a few things like the picture of the violin 20 secs and the one at 5:56 is stretched, try cropping it without the distortion. Reduce the amount of the old film effect on the violin player it seems too grainy to me. The clip of the poppies at 4:40 is very wobbly and then freezes, I would have slowed it down to try and reduce the wobble effect. I didn't like the bright blue background of the beginning and end titles but as it's not finished yet you can tweak it as you wish.
    Thanks for feedback. I couldnt get pics to fill frame - they allowed main video to show through...Thats why I allowed persepective distortion. I tried using pan and crop but it wouldnt make it fill frame.

I agree on poppies..I froze the first one...but forgot on the second clip!

I needed high grain on violin player - cos of his shell suit!! He is supposed to be from the 1940's!! So tried to disguise as much as possible

Don't you like Blue titles & Credits then?

I have spent enough time on this video - so its now out in public domain!! I may tweak original when I drop onto a DVD for the artist!

Until my next one - cheers!!

(Disappointed only your feedback mind!!)

Re the Pan/Crop. If you select the 16:9 option at the top it will automatically crop the image to the right size. You can then move it up or down the image to suite your needs.

I'm sure if you give it time others will comment. Threads can get lost very quickly at the moment with a lot of first time users asking what's the best camera to buy for 10 or why won't my editing program edit my footage automatically.

Re the Pan/Crop. If you select the 16:9 option at the top it will automatically crop the image to the right size. You can then move it up or down the image to suite your needs.

I'm sure if you give it time others will comment. Threads can get lost very quickly at the moment with a lot of first time users asking what's the best camera to buy for 10 or why won't my editing program edit my footage automatically.
    Ahh right - I see. I wish Sony Vegas provided a decent handbook to go with the software - tracking through their online Help is really tricky. A "Vegas for Dummies would be good as well!)

at your last line!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snaphappy View Post
    Ahh right - I see. I wish Sony Vegas provided a decent handbook to go with the software - tracking through their online Help is really tricky. A "Vegas for Dummies would be good as well!)
    Have you worked through the Interactive Tutorials (under help)? They're a great way to start.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Have you worked through the Interactive Tutorials (under help)? They're a great way to start.
    I did the first ones when I first purchased it to get started. It's fine for the major stuff, but when you just want to tackle one editing aspect..it can take some trawling through. That's why this site and peoples advice is a godsend!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snaphappy View Post
    That's why this site and peoples advice is a godsend!
    Indeed. I've learned tons here.
    Tim

. Threads can get lost very quickly at the moment with a lot of first time users asking what's the best camera to buy for 10 or why won't my editing program edit my footage automatically.
    LOL !!! harsh but very true