Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I reuse special effects in Sony Vegas?

Default How do I reuse special effects in Sony Vegas?

I'm making a youtube video using Sony Vegas 10. In my video, I want effects such as a block showing numbers and images fading in from blue light to white light.

Right now, I have an extra project file in Vegas. I have the special effect in there and modify the numbers / images and then render and import into my main video. This is incredibly tedious.

Is there another way to do this?

What is the problem? Maybe a screengrab will assist to understand.

…

Ok. I have a special effect. It's a picture of a door turning blue then white using Sony Vegas.

I want to have other images turn from blue to white as well with the same timing and same amount of blue and stuff. How do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamons View Post
    I want to have other images turn from blue to white as well with the same timing and same amount of blue and stuff. How do I do this?
    OK, you aren't talking about text Events, so…

Right click on Source Eventand select COPY. Then move to and Select Target Event and right click and apply "Paste Event Attributes". If you get what you want then select many Target Events and right click and do the same, apply "Paste Event Attributes".

…

Ok thank you! Now say I wanted to use that effect in another video? How would I do that?

Blog Entries

Exactly the same. You can open up two instances of Vegas (one with the old project, one with the new) and cut and aste betwen them. Neat eh?
    Tim

OK, for use in another Project or New Project I'd make a saved Plugin Chain, I've now over 800 of these critters. There are many advantages in going this route. I've explained this in the past, so do a search here on fx Plugin chain or Preset Manager should return heaps of info.

……

Blog Entries

Grazie, how do you overcome the fact the the plug-in chain does not save the cnanges to parameters over time?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Grazie, how do you overcome the fact the the plug-in chain does not save the cnanges to parameters over time?

Er ?. . I don't overcome it. The Keyrames come with it, and I can see changes over time. Just to confirm:

1] Event 1 has 2 FXs. One Fx - "Glow" - at ZERO and 1:20 and the other Fx - "Deform" at ZERO and 56 seconds

2] Saved this Plugin as "Grazie Changes Over Time K/Fs"

3] Brought a NEW Event to timeline and dragged "Grazie Changes Over Time K/Fs" to it and it too has k/fs as above too.

What can I say?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    The Keyrames come with it,
    Blimey! I must try this again then. I must have been doing something wrong when I've tried it in the past and given up.
    Cheers
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast