Thread: 2nd Hip Hop Video This Week

1. Default 2nd Hip Hop Video This Week

The same artists wanted to do another video so we put together this.. Hopefully it might be better than the last!

I was wondering .. is the contrast too bright on the eyes?

I think there is a an issue with the lip sync. If they are going to do it you should get them to do it properly. It makes the video look very amateurish. If they can't do it then leave out the footage of them failing. This was a predictable video, moody guys hanging around urban scenes has been done to death and is a becoming dull. I think it's time to up your game, get more imaginative about your content. You can only do this sort of thing for so long. The audience will fall away if they are not treated to something different now and again like a good performance. The artist performance needs to be a performance. If they think they are to cool to perform then they will not make anything of them selves. Look at the video below, Ice-T looks mean and moody in the classic way but he puts in a performance. That is the difference between your video and his. It is up to you as the director to get the best out of your performers.

I know my words seem harsh but for your own good it has to be said, you have to push your creative abilities or you are not creating art, it becomes a documentary and an uninteresting documentary if it's the same story being told in the same dull way. You are improving your technical camera and editing skills but the real weak point of your videos is if nothing happens in front of the camera you've wasted your time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Ice-T looks mean and moody in the classic way but he puts in a performance. That is the difference between your video and his.
    Very well observed Midnight. But I'm even more impressed you've heard of Ice T, let alone know work by him to draw upon as a reference
    Tim

I'm not up with the more modern rappers but you could call me old school.

Blog Entries

I'm somewhat more old school then. All rappers are modern to me.
    Tim