Thread: Amy's Ghost

Default Amy's Ghost

Haven't posted anything on here for about a year but please let me know what you think of Amy's Ghost...

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed that (if enjoyed is the right word). It reminded me of late 60's experimental musical art stuff, with more than a hint of Tim Burton, yet clearly a 21st century production. Or maybe it's not 60s but 80's Bowie (Ashes to Ashes?) I dunno. It seems to draw from all sorts of influences. It's dark, but it's light. It's sad but it's humourous.
    Can't make my mind up (and I fear it would lose something if I could).
    Nevertheless, it seems very well photographed and edited as well as well conceived and acted.
    Good job.
    Tim

Occasionally somebody will post a video on here that is really good, this is one of them.

Hats off to all involved.

Thank you very much for your comments guys! The concept was completely the bands idea so we can't take any credit there...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sheltor View Post
    Thank you very much for your comments guys! The concept was completely the bands idea so we can't take any credit there...
    Can you ask them where I can get hold of whatever stuff they were smokin'
    Tim

Beautifully shot and I love the concept, even though I'm not too sure what the concept is!! Was it shot on a DSLR? The main girl was a really good actress, is she in the band? Editing spot on too. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by martchap View Post
    Beautifully shot and I love the concept, even though I'm not too sure what the concept is!! Was it shot on a DSLR? The main girl was a really good actress, is she in the band? Editing spot on too. Good job.
    Yeah it was shot on 2 Canon 7Ds with various lenses. The girl is the lead singer, Amy!

Very nice, excellent use of depth of field to create both style and feeling, the changes from narrow to wide (DOF) and the blend of focus pulls worked well and the shot from the clock at 2.55 was great.

Structurally, the only thing that I could say is while the actions from this point do reflect the intensity change in the composition, for me, I don't think the edit quite matches up with this. it seems to run separate for a bit before coming together at the end.

David.

I liked the colour,............