Hi,
I think I'm going to abandon the Pinnacle Studio (Movieboard12, and recently, the Ultimate HD 14) route and try something else as far as capturing analog audio and video. All I have been experiencing in the last seven months is the oos, or the out of sync audio, due to the two separate inputs. First I hear the voices, then about a 6 seconds later, I see the lips move...from start to finish.

Hooked up like this- Analog camcorder camera (vhs-c)- RCA out to PCI-500 capture card. Supplied Audio 'Y' cord from Camcorder audio-out to computer onboard system sound.(realtek audio HD) thus, two different clocks, and no 'lock in.'

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT CAPTURE DEVICE WOULD CORRECT THE OOS?

So far, I am a very unsatisfied Pinnacle user, not only with their lack of support, but their hardware devices, wanting only to capture analog from Camcorder (using RCA) or VHS on a VCR..but first, I'd have to buy a newer VCR with FireWire to do this, my old Panasonic won't work) or someone mentioned using a DV camera as a pass-through with my camcorder.

I do not own a HD camcorder yet, but for now, it's burning old Camcorder VHS-C tapes to DVD.

I haven't experienced other video editing software tools like the STUDIO, so I don't know what's comparable to it.

Another consideration that most people tell me is to move from XP Home SP3 to Windows 7. With XP, my memory is tapped out at 3.3MB, Windows 7 can get me 8GB. My nVidia GeForce 8600GT is only 512 Mem., I've been told to upgrade to the minimum of 1GB memory.

I also have been told to buy another computer and use only for video editing!!! Too many resources to disable on my present system to go through in order to do video capture, with Studio.

I've been thrown a myriad of products like - Ads Pyro API-557 w/ Adobe Elements 4 editing software, DataVideo Dac-100, Canopus 110, DV Flow, and Vegas 5, to name just a few.

Since I already own the Ultimate 14 Studio, I don't know if I could use their editing software with whatever new capture device I get. I do want to edit, and not to directly burn to a DVD.

My specs~
P-35 Platinum MS-7345 Mobo
Windows XP Home Edition SP3
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
2.4 GHz, 3328 MB RAM (3.3GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512 Memory Size
Realtek HD Audio Onboard System Sound
DirectX version: 9.0c
Monitor: Viewsonic VX2035wm Series
WD 500 GB HDD / WD 74GB RAPTOR HDD
NERO 9

Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 14 HD
(with PCI-500 that came with movieboard12)

Thank you for any info you can give me on any of your products!