Thread: Sony Vegas Editing help

Default Sony Vegas Editing help

I apologize if it's in the wrong forum, but I figured since it's about editting I should be in the correct forum! Anyway, I was watching a video -

I would like to ask if anyone do know how he edit the effect right before every word came out? It look like a "blink-blur" effects. Starting from 0:05 to 0:55, to see clearer on the effect I'm asking, you can check the timeline from 0:51 - 0:55, the "blink-blur-impact" effects. I hope someone can be kind enough to teach me!

Thanks for your time.

I don't know how he did it but one way I can see is to take a snapshot place it on the time line above the track your working on and put a blur FX on it. Set the length to about 12-25 frames long. This should give you the slight judder with a blur. Don't forget to put the sound FX at the right moment to increase the impact of the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't know how he did it but one way I can see is to take a snapshot place it on the time line above the track your working on and put a blur FX on it. Set the length to about 12-25 frames long. This should give you the slight judder with a blur. Don't forget to put the sound FX at the right moment to increase the impact of the effect.
    Sorry I'm quite new to Sony Vegas editing,May I know how do you do a "snapshot" as said? Thanks!

Above the Preview window there is an icon that looks like a the "normal" save button (floppy disk) If you clikck on this it will make a snapshot of what ever is in the preview window. So place the curser in the position on the time line where you want the FX. Click on the snapshot button. You will then be asked to name and save the picture. Then paste it in the same position as the curser but on a track above it.

This may not be the only way or indead the best way to do it infact without testing it I don't even know if it will work but I think so. You may need to put a fade in and out of the picture to get it to look right.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Above the Preview window there is an icon that looks like a the "normal" save button (floppy disk) If you clikck on this it will make a snapshot of what ever is in the preview window. So place the curser in the position on the time line where you want the FX. Click on the snapshot button. You will then be asked to name and save the picture. Then paste it in the same position as the curser but on a track above it.

This may not be the only way or indead the best way to do it infact without testing it I don't even know if it will work but I think so. You may need to put a fade in and out of the picture to get it to look right.
    Oh, actually I found a way, that is to use the Radial Blur and edit in the keyframe of the part where I want to have the effect on. Thanks tho