Thread: What to do?

Default What to do?

I am in the throws of making a video in Imovie. I am not happy with the special effects and transitions available to me through it, because of that I recently purchased CS5 collection. My question is should I complete the video in Imovie and then import work in After Effects or Premiere Pro to be able to use all the special effects they offer? I have just completed going through all my video and pulling the clips I want (and hate to have to go through that lengthy process again) and I am trying to avoid redoing that by starting over.

Thanks for the help!

Sounds like you've answered your own question.

Default Let me rephrase...

No, I haven't answered my question. Perhaps, I just was not clear in asking my question. Let me try again. I am new enough with these programs to not really know the best way to get the effects in my video that I want. Since I am in somewhat of a time constraint I was hoping to get advice on this forum instead of doing it myself and then realize I should have done it a different way.

I am trying to decide whether I should:

1. finish my video as best I can in IMovie and then import it into either After Effects or Premiere Pro. 2. if so which would be the best to go use
    3. pull all my clips together and just import them like that without transitions, etc into Premiere Pro, finish it there then import into After Effects.

Hope this is clearer

Well if you don't want to start again render the clips out in iMovie as a .avi this should keep the best quality. Then import into the other programs.