Thread: Lookey Loo

Default Lookey Loo

Hide and seek done right.

yea... no

looks like you got bored an afternoon and went out with your camcorder

would you watch this video yourself ? if you did, would you enjoy it ?

sorry I come a little harsh but I didn't see anything interesting or funny, looks like a bored person with a camcorder who spent the evening playing with an editing software, I didn't learn anything and there's not much else for me to say about this clip.

what you need is some inspiration, some ambition, some time and a good collection of movies to watch.

Now again, it might be some chef d'oeuvre here and I don't see it, but if the public doesn't understand it, is it still called "art"? does it still have a point? and what public is this for to begin with?

challenge yourself, try and reproduce famous scenes you like from other movies, I don't know, but if you do something, do it seriously, give it some thoughts, plan your work ahead, be ambitious and don't avoid difficulty.

And don't show clips that you wouldn't watch or enjoy yourself, I don't see many reasons why you would enjoy this clip yourself
    1. you're blind, or lying to yourself
    2. you never seen a movie or even a TV commercial in your life
    3. you never accepted criticism therefore never had the chance to make progress

The last reason would be, I don't get it and in fact it is pure creative genius, but I think I've seen enough, various, films, movies, clips whatever in my life so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue, but who knows.

but then again, what's the point of doing something that even a fairly educated person wouldn't even get a hold on?

Blog Entries

I actually think the main joke - both guys hiding behind different side of the same tree - has some promise. But to make this work, it either has to be much shorter (like a 20-30 second sketch) or needs some serious development.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
    ...what's the point of doing something that even a fairly educated person wouldn't even get a hold on?
    Without defending this piece - stupid people watch videos too. I cite Jackass. I'm sure there are people that may well think this is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    - stupid people watch videos too. I cite Jackass. I'm sure there are people that may well think this is funny.

This is one of the most important points of video production...who are you making the production for? It's the correct audience you direct it at that will love what you do and find meaning in it ..

I thought it was naive and funny.

I agree with Tim in that it needs a much better production value to pull off such a silly gag.