Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Year was good?

Default Last Year was good?

I think this had a good narrative to it and gives a good flavourer of the event. Some live sound in places would have been nice and would lift the video in places. An interesting decision on the colour saturation which kind of follows the music and narrative in the video. ie opening gentle desaturated, middle bolder music and colour, end gentle and desaturated.

On thing I spotted about your camera work is, you tend to not frame your shot properly before pressing the red button and when you spot it your self you adjust the camera slightly to frame the shot better. So it would be better to frame the shot properly first, then press record.

Nice job.

wow a compliment,...thanks. The idea of saturation came from TV where they were showing clips to denote the past perhaps not in the same context),.. Everything I shot was last year and I was rushing around for 2 days to get as much filmed as possible... no excuse I know..I ll do better next time...

Blog Entries

If you're struggling to cope with that compliment, I'll point out there were a couple of shots where the camera was noticabley tilted (eg 34secs). Feel better now?

I thought this was a nicely understated little film which made Land Rovers seem somewhat less "geeky" and more human (am I getting a bit airy fairy here?)

I liked the desaturated look - in a way this works well for "working" Land Rovers as they are meant to be utilitarian rather than fashion accessories. I was rather disappointed when you brought the full saturation back. I'd like to see that reserved for showroom shots of the posier Land Rovers.
    Tim

Fair dues,... working with a few images and a piece of music is different to starting with a story board and going from there. I am now learning the benefits of thinking about it first!...

it doesn't really work for me, the music might be partially responsible, the sync on it is definitely not working for me, which is a shame because you obviously put a lot of work in it.

Basically I don't really get what the vid is about
    - is it a meeting ? a race ? a show ?
    - where is it, why is it happening, what are the "highlights" of this event ?

and then, there were very few images that made me think "wow, nice shot" but maybe that wasn't the point. I mean there are some that are really nice, but the overall composition quality seems uneven to me, and yes, some more dynamic music could have made it work better for me.

Blog Entries

Suffers here and there with that old chestnut - the camera wander. Like the grading used, sound doesn't really suit (until the military parade anyway), and I think you just need to tighten up the edits - I noticed the zoom crashed one or two.

Zoom Crash? What's that?

A crash zoom is when you zoom in quickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TFV View Post
    Zoom Crash? What's that?
    As a for instance - at 0.55 you start to zoom and the edit crashes through it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast