Thread: Vegas pro 8.0 Audio problem: sound OK in trimmer, but not on timeline or after render

Default Vegas pro 8.0 Audio problem: sound OK in trimmer, but not on timeline or after render

This is the case for a variety of formats - avi, wmv, mp4. The sound is fine when previewing in the trimmer, but there's no audio once I place a clip on the timeline and view it there, or after rendering.

I've combed through a few other posts on this forum and checked various settings, but nothing seems out of place. I'm assuming that if I can get it playing in the timeline I'll have it playing after I render it. Any suggestions?

1] Do you see an Audio track on the Timeline?

2] Make sure you haven't muted the Audio track on the Timeline view.

3] Depending on what you are rendering to, it is possible to just render the video only.

4] How are you getting your media to the Timeline? From the Trimmer? If so makes sure you are selecting both Video and Audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    1] Do you see an Audio track on the Timeline?
    2] Make sure you haven't muted the Audio track on the Timeline view.
    3] Depending on what you are rendering to, it is possible to just render the video only.
    4] How are you getting your media to the Timeline? From the Trimmer? If so makes sure you are selecting both Video and Audio.
    The audio track is visible on the timeline; it's not muted; I'm rendering to wmv mostly, using the default template (whose description says audio is 64 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo.) And some of the content rendered is from the Trimmer, but some of it is directly from the Project Media folder without passing through the trimmer.

The audio settings aren't set to, say, a surround-sound system my computer doesn't have.

In the Trimmer, I am selecting both audio and vid - however, when I try to Open In Audio Editor in the trimmer (the audio editor's set to be Audacity) - what appears there is garbled / random / noise. (This noise doesn't appear when rendering, just no audio track at all.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!