Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another rendering question..

Default Yet another rendering question..

Welcoming myself to this forum by asking a question!

I just completed a film, made out of material from my camcorder, and I want to render it without losing any quality, at all..
    With sound, of course, and it has to be 1920x1080.

What should I choose when rendering? I did render it once, it ended up taking quite alot; 28 gb (2h 30 min) but when watching it, which is fine but I thought it lost some of the sharpness and brightness.. Also I must've chosen not to implement audio! =P

Regards.

Oh yea.. And I want it to be mpeg, since that's what's used when burning a blu-ray video disc?
    Hmm.. Is there a way to render it as a blu-ray image perhaps?

There are BluRay templates choose MainConcept mpeg-2 and the BluRay 1920 x 1080i 50(for PAL) or 60(for NTSC) 25Mbs. Click on the custom button. Select the audio tab and tick the include audio stream box. Click ok and then save. This will create a Bluray compatable file at the good quality with the audio incuded.

But.. Won't it be a major quality loss, going for 1920x1080i? I mean, the "i" stands for interlaced? Or did I get the i's and p's wrong? It's interlaced and progressive, right?

I think only you can say if it's good enough for you. The quality loss should be minimal and TVs are very capable of giving a nice image for interlaced images. If you really want you can select the custom button and change upperfield first to none progressive.

Alrite, so far so good and thanks alot.. =)
    But now I have another question! Now that I have the .m2v and the .mpa ready, could you perhaps tell me how to make a working blu-ray copy of it? Or maybe it's done and the film discs contains files built up like this?
    I can only ask from what I remember when handeling the DVD copying..
    Can I use Vegas for this as well or do I need an external app?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This will create a Bluray compatable file at the good quality with the audio incuded.
    I must point out that it didn't include the sound in the film, it created an external .mpa file with the sound..

It made a seperate audio file because you didn't tick the incude audio stream on the audio tab of the custom box.

Put the files into DVDA like you would to make a DVD but change the settings to make a BluRay disk.

Hey again!

Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been away..
    It seems that "Include audio stream" only get's me this far, it doesn't add the audio to the film..

renderhelp.jpg

Also, I don't know what DVDA is, is that a burning app of some sort? Is it possible to creat images of a future disc to come? I mean, I'd rather know what I'm burning before I actually get that far since the blu-ray discs still are quite expencive..

Cheers..

Having that ticked will include the audio with the video in one file when you render it.

DVDA or DVD Architect is Sony's DVD creation and burning App. You can make the files or disk image for a DVD/Bluray without burning it to the disk with DVDA.

Cool, cheers.. I'm gonna look that program up but..
    I can asure you, I haven't changed anything and by ticking that option I got the sound file separate but it might not matter that much in the end? I mean, maybe I can combine them somehow in the disc creation with DVDA?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast