Thread: Quite short film

Default Quite short film

Hi, I'm not quite sure what I should say here but I'll go ahead and hope it's the right thing.

Anyway, I like the beginning of your film, very "artsy" shots. But as it goes on, I feel while some shots do really look good, some others just looked too "raw", some even "random". The sky is also too empty to deserve a spot on your shots, empty sky space is basically lost space and I think you should have worked on some scenes a little more in order to really get something "meaningful" out of em.
    As for "post prod" (not sure if it's the correct term, but I mean the work you do on your editing or FX software, in order to work on your images and scenes, contrast, levels, color balance etc...), as said above, some shots look too "raw" and could have deserved some image enhancement processes.

So to sum up
    - some really nice looking shots...
    - ... contrasting with some "family video" quality scenes (don't take it the wrong way, I'm not doing any better myself, far from it)
    - lack of real "story"
    - maybe some more post processing would have been welcome

But overall, I think it's looking fairly nice, you definitely should keep going and do whatever it is you do, because it does look promising, you're just not quite there yet.

Nice to hear that you liked it and its also good to hear some constructive feedback. I tried to make the shots look more interesting by changeing the "colorworld" and tried to get some harmony to colors of some scenes. Some are "family video" looking on purpose, some by the lack of my skills . Since this was my first vid edited with final cut pro. It was kind of a practice work which came out better that I tought. Thanks for your post Hadoq

you're welcome, I'm at a similar point, i.e. just getting started, so we might go through similar "experiments". it's very exciting to get to learn all of this.

I'm not sure if I could get it to play properly as it played very jerky throughout. It's all a bit random for my taste. When you are doing an arty type of film like this, the usual videography rules don't apply so it's hard for me to give it a critique. Was it filmed with a DSLR camera ? Some nice shots and some rubbish shots but it's just not my thing.