Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas hangs when swapping app windows

Default Vegas hangs when swapping app windows

Win7, x64. If I minimize Vegas, or click on another app window, then return to Vegas, it always hangs. If I have a few clips in the project, then the hang lasts a few seconds. If I have dozens of clips, then it lasts dozens of seconds. Its as if it is caching/optimizing/conforming/updating something repeatedly. Whats the deal?

I know what you mean, I have seen this. I'm not sure if it's a Sony thing or a Win 7 thing as it happens with other things like Windows Explorer but only for the second or third disk drive not the c: drive. It's like the drive has gone to sleep and needs a poke with a stick to wake it up.

So I offer no solution just acknowledge your frustration.

Thanx for the empathy. I also wondered if it has something to do with Quicktime since am using movs. Will have to experiment when I get time. *sigh* Am so burned out on troubleshooting glitchy apps that ought to work better. Its what I waste 60% of my time doing.

Blog Entries

All versions of Adobe Premiere on various hardware and windows versions have done this to me. It's something I expect, but can out up with - when editing, I rarely multitask.

Blog Entries

Having just upgraded from XP to W7 - I reckon it's a W7 thing. Never had this issue with XP - when it first happened on my new PC I thought something had gone seriously wrong. I've had to learn patience for something else.

The 'hang' is much more brief if I am using clips off a local drive. Vegas is unusable when using clips imported over a gigabit network.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Gone View Post
    Vegas is unusable when using clips imported over a gigabit network.
    Thanks for the tip on that! You may well have saved me a ton of money.....

I also have W7 64-bit. The only time Vegas Pro hangs up on me is if I open up a project file from Explorer. However, if i open up Vegas from the shortcut, it opens fine. I'm assuming that Vegas Pro and Windows 7 Explorer don't get along, although I think that's already been established. Glad you guys are having the same similar issues as I am. I don't feel so alone now :p

So I was informed to go into Prefs and deselect "Close media files when not the active application," which eliminates the hang. But then you cant edit files currently used by Vegas.

I think this caused by a setting in properties (ALT+ENTER), there is a setting that makes the MEDIA files off-line when Vegas is not the main (focus) program, this releases the clips for other software to use.
    Just check/unchecked this option and the clips remain in control with Vegas and you should not see this "Hanging"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast