Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking 35min vid down for Youtube

Default Breaking 35min vid down for Youtube

I have a 35 minute video of a holiday in South Africa. I want to put it on Youtube so my relatives can see it. I know I can only do 10min max clips for Youtube. Is there a simple way I can use Vegas 10.0 to split the video - or will I have to "create" 4 seperate projects and upload each one of those?

Cheers for any advice.

John

2. Default

Youtube raised the upload limit to 15 minutes for all users. For those users who didn't violate any copyright rules it allows to upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes. (read here)
    Anyway, you can divide your project using regions and render them with built-in script "Batch render" (Tools>Scripting)

Quote Originally Posted by altarvic View Post
    Youtube raised the upload limit to 15 minutes for all users. For those users who didn't violate any copyright rules it allows to upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes. (read here)
    Anyway, you can divide your project using regions and render them with built-in script "Batch render" (Tools>Scripting)
    Thanks for that altarvic. I hadnt realised that. (I have in the 35 mins video 3 coyrighted songs - but the video is not going to be public - do you think it will still be ok? all the footage is my own)

Secondly "regions"? Is that within the Vegas menu? I do intend to search contents. But I sometimes despair of Vegas online manual! So if you could give me an idiots (me not you!) breakdown - would be much appreciated!

Cheers

John

4. Default

Secondly "regions"? Is that within the Vegas menu?
    Make a timeline selection and run Insert>Region command (or just press R). Once you have placed all regions you can run script to render them to the desired file format (use Sony AVC renderer for YouTube with one of the "Internet" templates)

Make a timeline selection and run Insert>Region command (or just press R). Once you have placed all regions you can run script to render them to the desired file format (use Sony AVC renderer for YouTube with one of the "Internet" templates)
    Got you!

Cheers
    John

Hmmm..thought I had it!

Regions bit fine done that.

run script??
    Sony AVC renderer? (is that within Vegas?)

Sorry to be a pain!

Blog Entries

Don't worry about the above (although the script solution is great if you want to do it unattended).

Make a selection on the timeline of the first part - whatever length you chose.
    When you render, make sure the optuon - "Render loop region only" is checked.
    Repeat for the other sections.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Don't worry about the above (although the script solution is great if you want to do it unattended).

Make a selection on the timeline of the first part - whatever length you chose.
    When you render, make sure the optuon - "Render loop region only" is checked.
    Repeat for the other sections.
    All done and uploaded!!! in 3 nice bits!

Although my last clip has 3 official songs in - Youtube says content blocked in Germany!! I am amazed they bothered to watch it all the way through to see

Appreciate your advice all!!

I would put a link up so you can see it.....but I would be thrown off the forum!!!

Cheers

John

Blog Entries

We'd love to see your link! Always good to see the end result of a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    We'd love to see your link! Always good to see the end result of a project.
    I doubt you would be interested in what is basically a holiday video (albeit in an exotic place) which I have tried my best to edit and add some music to get rid of wind noise and my family's off camera talking!

But I will try and pull a few minutes short clips together to give you a flavour.....(would it be okay posting it here?)

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast