Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to move along an wide image that is 2000px

1. Default how to move along an wide image that is 2000px

Just wondered if anyone has an idea or experience with using Vegas Pro 9.0 and capturing and moving across a large background image?

The image is basically a grab of the UK coast line, and I am animating a flowing route line that passes across the entire image.
    I keep thinking of Track Motion, but needs a steady hand to scroll the image across and I'm not sure how that can be recorded other than purchasing Google Earth Pro.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bickars; 03-07-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Are you saying you can't do it with the Pan/Crop tool ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Are you saying you can't do it with the Pan/Crop tool ?
    I can move the image no prob, but I don't know how to capture / record that movement and then edit the generated media on to that

4. Default

... essentially I need the video to flow along the image with the generated media fixed/locked in position, while animating the flowing line as the image moves along

Do you mean something like this:

This is just using key frames in the pan/crop tool. You can put the map on one track and lay the line moving accross the map on a track above.

7. Default

Do you mean something like this:

This is just using key frames in the pan/crop tool. You can put the map on one track and lay the line moving accross the map on a track above.

Yes exactly, but also to have the image zoomed and the camera to pass across it while following the line, if that makes any sense!?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Is this any good?

routegen

Thanks, this is great little app! but again I can't find a way of having the wide image zoomed in and move along / pass across the coastal image while following the line.
    *bearing in mind that the goal posts have changed on this mini-project a dozen times*

Quote Originally Posted by bickars View Post
    Yes exactly, but also to have the image zoomed and the camera to pass across it while following the line, if that makes any sense!?
    That is exactly what my example shows. That's why I was zoomed in on the flower to show you that the pan/crop tool will do this and you can move the image around to follow the route on your map.

10. Default

That is exactly what my example shows. That's why I was zoomed in on the flower to show you that the pan/crop tool will do this and you can move the image around to follow the route on your map.
    thanks this works fine : ) but I don't know how to lock off the video track events being the line so they don't stay on screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast