Thread: Sony Vegas Pro 10 Requesting Advice

Default Sony Vegas Pro 10 Requesting Advice

I've picked it up and have been using it for a few weeks now. I am very satisfied with the product but I'm still attempting to further improve the quality and method of rendering.

What I want to do is to be able to render each and every region using the codec I specify in the folder I specify with the naming convention I'd like. You'll most probably recommend me the "Batch Rendering" script, which I've used but crashed all the time, every time, about 10 minutes into it.

Doing the full process manually for each region works just fine. I can render them all in lossless quality and then take them into another piece of software to encode. The script, on the other hand simply doesn't work. What I do manually is I double click a region (to highlight it as a loop region), go into File -> Render As, I choose "Video for Windows (*.avi)" and the "LAGS HD 1080p" YouTube Lossless template. This needs to be repeated every time and it wastes precious time if I have to go to sleep and can only do one at a time.

What are my options at this point, to batch render them, each region providing me with a seperate video so I can later on process them without any errors.

There is something chocking your PC. Rendering is THE most single CPU intensive process your box will have to haul up hill.

What setup have you got?

Free hard drives? System drive taking the render?

I've used the Vegas Script Batch Rendering countless times. No problems other when I have over taxed a drive, or had the notion to render to my System Drive.

Do a check and come back here. Tell you want, if there WAS an issue with this script there would be Vegas-Uproar from the user base - ain't heard a murmur.

The system I'm using was built (by me, and I'm a Computer Engineer, so no eff-ups there) less than a month ago. It's basically:

i7 950 @ 3.06Ghz (Will be overclocked soon enough, but rendering uses about 20% to 70% CPU, goes nowhere near 100% at any time during single job rendering, average usage is at about 40%)
    GTX 580 (Has CUDA - not sure if this is utilized)
    Western Digital Caviar Black High performance, 64MB cache memory 1TB drive - (2 of them in a RAID 0, striped configuration for maximum performance)

I'm fully positive my rig isn't holding me back, it's a breeze. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong - mind you. I'm positive the Script is fine, but I'm doing something which is causing some sort of an incompatibility. I'll rerun this and paste the errors I receive.