Thread: Video about homelesness

1. Default Video about homelesness

Hello,
    we are group of the students and we have already made short film about homeless'es life. I think that, it is good way to spread the idea whole over the world that homeleses are still people who have feelings etc.
    Here you are sad story from our lifes. It will be good, if you share it next.

Very good. Well made simple yet powerful.

Well made but some of the sentences were too long for the 'feel' of the film.

Blog Entries

At the risk of being pilloried - I know it's a sensitive subject and all that - I just didn't find it at all believable.
    Don't get me wrong - it's nicely shot, lit, the mood is good and so on - but I just watched and thought this guy is an actor. And as such I don't believe it.

Hopefully I'm way off the mark and it's a true story - but the cynic in me says not.

I think actually as I type this the problem as I see it is that it looks staged. If we saw the fella sleeping rough - trying to get his wheelchair into a soup kitchen, or just some stuff that puts him in more human situations I would be more inclined to accept his story is real and not a fabrication. Some footage of him from his 'previous' life to counterbalance (suitably 'home video' like) - it would all go to making me accept it's not a setup designed to tug at my heart strings.

I know I'm gonna get slated for saying what I have - but I think it's worth saying. After all - I'm a 'Lovely Moderator' - so if I don't believe it - how many other s will think just the same?

Right - better duck before the bricks come hurtling my way...........

I'm glad you said it, I was going to keep quiet. I think it really shows that this is a bunch of students outlook on homlesness. This kind of film really needs hands on research and even better, involvement by those affected.

David.

Blog Entries

I think what Andy and David have said, says it all. Whilst I've no doubt of the sincerity of the makers, it feels somewhat naive and fake.
    It's an unfair cotrast, but I'd contrast this with the short films we see accompanying the big charity everythtingathons we have in the UK, like Children In Need and Comic Relief. They get right in among the suffering and bring it into our living rooms.
    Tim

I think you guys are being too harsh. So it's an actor, it's not real, none of what we produce is real. It's all fake, even if you produce a documentary of reality it's still only a facsimile of the real thing. This was, in my opinion, good fake but with bad grammar.

I think David summed it up best "I think it really shows that this is a bunch of students outlook on homlesness. This kind of film really needs hands on research and even better, involvement by those affected."

To be honest i was technically homeless for about 8 months. (sort of) anyway, this kid just looks too clean. He is wearing somewhat nice clothes, and just looks too clean. Like an actor...

The shots all look good though