Thread: 16mm Film

1. Default 16mm Film

A short music video shot on 16mm film. This was only my second time working with film. Let me know what you think!

Well done for having the balls to work with real film but I found the content a little dull, sorry.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well done for having the balls to work with real film but I found the content a little dull, sorry.
    Actually they were saying that in my class. This is my first time working with romance so honestly that's really good feedback because I don't know what I'm doing. I was told the story was dull because there wasn't enough of an arc; I should follow the characters falling in love or something to that extent. Is that what you mean?

Exactly, the narrative was not at all engaging. It was more like a poor 1970's pop video, It had no start, middle or end. It just "was" and then it wasn't. As they are fond of saying in the Maxtix films, "Everything that has a beginning has an end" I would add to that by saying lots of interesting stuff happens in between. To make a film interesting it should have a good story, something that takes us on a journey and engages the us the viewer, makes us want to know what's going to happen next and care about the characters, add a twist in the plot etc...

If you don't have a good story you would have to make the film visually stunning to keep the viewer interest. Better still have both like this example.

5. Default

Lol, I wonder how much the budget for that was!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Gotta agree with Midnight. The couple did little to enhance the video for me. I'd have been more inclined to stick with the pianist... The lighting was great I thought...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Gotta agree with Midnight. The couple did little to enhance the video for me. I'd have been more inclined to stick with the pianist... The lighting was great I thought...
    Thank you, I'll pass on your compliments to my Gaffer

Quote Originally Posted by Rdwomack2 View Post
    Lol, I wonder how much the budget for that was!
    I wonder where the idea comes from