Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas problem - Using 3D Source Alpha and Pan/Crop

Question Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 problem - Using 3D Source Alpha and Pan/Crop

Hi everyone,

I've just register over here to ask this question that is driving me nuts!

I want to insert a large image into Sony Vegas to make a custom animation using 3D Source Alpha.

Now let me explain.

The resolution of the image is 4308x3141 pixels (Yes I know it's not a standard resolution, but I think that won't be a problem).

I want to zoom into several parts of the image itself, and then move around to other parts I want to zoom into.

The problem is that the image is so blurry when zoomed in (The project is in 720p, and I'm not zooming that much, so it get's image blurry.) The image isn't blurred only when its standing in place without doing anything with 3D Source Alpha.

I guess that you have no idea what I want to ask, because I have no idea how to ask the question. I guess images will help:
    Snapshot 1:
    http://www.dodaj.rs/f/21/7J/M4m40lT/help1.png
    Snapshot 2:
    http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1J/45/zQi8SL2/help2.png
    Snapshot 3:
    http://www.dodaj.rs/f/2O/ZI/1fzSbcHE/help3.png

So the issue is, why is it making my image look so blurry when its done in high-res (mentioned above)?

I've tried every render setting and its the same, or even worse...

It's like that the 3D Source Alpha is changing the resolution of the whole image to fit the 720p and then zooming into the image like that...

Help, PLEASE?
    Last edited by TucoTV; 02-28-2011 at 01:13 PM.

I think you are more zoomed in than you think. Try setting a standard screen size first in the pan/crop tool ie Widescreen 16:9 and then do your track motion.

That's what I wanted to do at the first place, but when I do that then the rest of the image is being cut off (since its not a widescreen image) when I'm trying to do track motion :/

I could deal with the problem if I adjust the image to a widescreen ratio, but I'm not sure that it would be helpful, because the image would be still blurred (I guess).

And I've zoomed out even more, it's giving me the same blurred image... :/

You should set the right aspect ratio, if you say it's not widescreen then set it to 4:3 but your preview screen is showing a widescreen image and you have set your project to 1280 x 720. When it comes to rendering you will have either a 16:9 or a 4:3 ratio anyway. It's been found that any zooming needed is best done with the pan/crop tool rather than track motion, if that helps but I doubt it.

Am I right in assuming that there is only one video track in the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You should set the right aspect ratio, if you say it's not widescreen then set it to 4:3 but your preview screen is showing a widescreen image and you have set your project to 1280 x 720. When it comes to rendering you will have either a 16:9 or a 4:3 ratio anyway. It's been found that any zooming needed is best done with the pan/crop tool rather than track motion, if that helps but I doubt it.

The aspect ratio is set for the project to 16:9, of course, but if I set it for that image to 16:9, it will automatically crop the rest of the image, so the track motion won't work properly (it won't work how I've hoped, I couldn't animate the movement how I want if it gets cropped).

I can't do 3D motion with Pan/crop? I think I can't

Am I right in assuming that there is only one video track in the project.

There are two tracks, I've changed the layout, so I've added a parent track for track motion and put under child two content tracks (don't know if I am expressing correctly, my English isn't good enough, hope you'll understand...)
    I've answered inside quote's hope you don't mind

I do understand your problem. It's actually quite tricky sometimes dealing with track motion, not that I've done a lot of it. You could crop the image with the pan crop tool to 16:9 then when the image goes off the screen move the pan/crop window with key frames if that would work for you. This is about all I can suggest. Sorry if I haven't been much help.

Looking at the size of image, surly you can only zoom in about 3x, as one side of the image is 3K, the 720p is by 1280 and three of those is near 3K

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Looking at the size of image, surly you can only zoom in about 3x, as one side of the image is 3K, the 720p is by 1280 and three of those is near 3K
    Well that's exactly how I thought, and it just loses quality... Can anyone try to do something similar to what I have done, just to see if it loses quality for you too, just to let me know?

If it does, I'm gonna try to do something in After Effects and stop with this...

@Midnigh Blue
    Yes, that could work, just that I'm going to really spin/move camera a lot and it would be even more problematic to deal with pan/crop keyframes than it it now...
    Last edited by TucoTV; 02-28-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TucoTV View Post
    It's like that the 3D Source Alpha is changing the resolution of the whole image to fit the 720p and then zooming into the image like that...
    I believe that is exactly what it does, which is why zooming is best achieved with Pan and Crop, as Midnight says above. See:

Whilst I accept this doesn't provide you with a solution, it might help you understand the problem.
    Tim

Use pan /Crop with Satish plug-in that allows you do do 3d with an image in pan/crop.

Download here Satish pluginpac, 3Dle, Shatter, Pixel Stretch, Adapter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast