Thread: Can't render with a burn track in vegas

Default Can't render with a burn track in vegas

Hello! I'm having a problem with Sony Vegas pro 9 - I added three tracks in a project, the middle one is set to "burn" and has a solid blue media generator on it. Then on the top track I have a clip with the transparency set to about 90%, and that track is set to default (source alpha). And the last track has a song on it and that's it. Whenever I try rendering it just comes out as a solid blue colour and the music playing in the background but I can't see the clip at all. Why is this happening? Can anyone help me please?

try transparency at 10% and see you you get on

I can't see how this set up could possibley work. Even Z's suggestion didn't work on my test it just creates near black all over. What effect are you trying to create ?

Thanks, but I found where the problem was after all. It was the video format I was rendering in (mp4). When I set it for wmv it worked. So it was not vegas' fault for once!

I had no idea what they were trying to achive and just made the sugesstion to see what the difference would be.

I thought it was a good suggestion and gave it a try to see what happend. I put a colour bar on the top track at 90% and solid blue on the lower track even at 10% opacity and comp level burn, the colour bar was just black and blue with that setting. I was very supprised that it would do that.