Thread: A transition question.

Default A transition question.

I have Sony Vegas 9 Pro and have been editing videos for a while but I'm looking into more advanced transitions. Does anyone know how to achieve the transition in this video at 1:43-1:49 where he essentially builds the stair set and can this be done with Sony Vegas? Thanks for any help.

1] Take a still grab from within Vegas and import into graphic editor.

2] In graphic ed deconstruct each element and leave on a transparent. Looks like about 4 elements.

3] Import each element into Vegas onto individual tracks and then use Track Motion to spin out or spin in to reconstruct.

This would take me about 20 minutes. The other ways is to Mask each asymmetric element out from the still. That would take me 45 minutes.

or for a small fee post to Grazie and I am sure he will do it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    or for a small fee post to Grazie and I am sure he will do it for you
    Oops! I forgot I had an agent now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Oops! I forgot I had an agent now.

... and clearly a very good one as the term "small fee" could mean anything, but will leave the client with a feeling that he's receiving good value.
    Tim

Thank you for the response! What kind of graphics editor do I need? Any free ones?I have used Photoshop some at school but it is quite pricey. If I were to do it that way I would cut out each object in a graphics editor and by leave it on a transparent do you mean delete the default white back ground? The rest of that I can do. For the second option...so how would I do it in Vegas. I know I should use the Pan/Crop tool to make a mask but what would I do after that? Could you be a little more specific in the steps in Sony Vegas please. I'm more interested in learning how to do it as that is half the fun for me but thank you for the offer.
    Also, admins I hope I didn't post this in the wrong sub forum I can never decide where a thread should go. lol

" do you mean delete the default white back ground? " Make the BG transparent.

In Vegas start off with 4 copies of the Event and make 4 deconstructed items.

On Track 1 place Item1

On Track 2 place Item2

And so on

Go to each Track Header, locate Track Motion and manipulate the Track Motion in 3D. This will allow you to spin, fly in or out and finally bring together all 4 items. Great fun!

The best transitions for me is 'fade on black'...less is more

9. Default

*fantastic cut* :)