Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What is the technical term for this effect?

  1. #1

    Default What is the technical term for this effect?

    Hi all,

    I'm new to the world of video editing and I'm finding it difficult to find the proper technical term of an effect. Basically, its when a segment is quickly repeated (usually a 1/2 sec frame). The only example I can think of (and one I'm trying to recreate) is the Lady Gaga and Beyonce - Telephone video where Beyonce ends up looking stupid?

    Any help greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Asheville, NC USA


    Can you give us a link with the time code of where the effects is you're trying to duplicate?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Blog Entries


    There's no "official" name for it but if you mean the effect Lady Gaga uses a lot in her videos the term "video stutter" seems to be known by most people.

Similar Threads

  1. Possibilities of a short term living following redundancy?
    By Alan Mills in forum Wedding and Event Videography
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
  2. Long term project and learning curve!
    By NFox in forum Pre Production
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 12:17 PM
  3. safe long term archiving - dvdisaster
    By sasha in forum Pimp the Link
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 01:44 AM
  4. Technical Effect
    By Xeijin in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 10:55 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts