Thread: MIndGames

1. Default MIndGames

Hey guys! This is our latest video called "MindGames - Imaginary Warfare". Its about the imaginary adventures of two young kids.

Any comments/critique would be awesome!

I hope ya enjoy

Thanks for watching!
    Sleightlyprismatic
    YouTube - sleightlyprismatic's Channel

Technically sound! I can't really flaw it - hand-held cam works well for the dramatic pace, and yet maintains enough clarity not to make us feel like we're watching Cloverfield.

The colours (or the lack of) were fantastic. The stark contrast against the snow is great mise-en-scene. Feels like the opening to True Lies.

Content wise, nice premise - although I would have liked to seen a deeper exploration of the child's imagination, juxtaposed with reality. A similar example to this is South Park - where the children play as ninjas - ending in a brutal loss of an eye! Indeed, I think if you were to re-write this short film - you could definately play with the child's imagination (and immortality to destruction) a lot more . For example the kid gets hit - claims he's wearing armour, or the bullet missed (a bullet wound disappearing immediately.) Also play around with mundanity becoming the fantastical

3. Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Dementia View Post
    Technically sound! I can't really flaw it - hand-held cam works well for the dramatic pace, and yet maintains enough clarity not to make us feel like we're watching Cloverfield.

The colours (or the lack of) were fantastic. The stark contrast against the snow is great mise-en-scene. Feels like the opening to True Lies.

Content wise, nice premise - although I would have liked to seen a deeper exploration of the child's imagination, juxtaposed with reality. A similar example to this is South Park - where the children play as ninjas - ending in a brutal loss of an eye! Indeed, I think if you were to re-write this short film - you could definately play with the child's imagination (and immortality to destruction) a lot more . For example the kid gets hit - claims he's wearing armour, or the bullet missed (a bullet wound disappearing immediately.) Also play around with mundanity becoming the fantastical
    Thanks for the awesome feedback! Im glad you liked the color grading and handheld look.

I think you're points about the storyline were spot on too. I dont think this one will be re-written anytime soon, but those ideas will definitely be remembered.

Blog Entries

And I just thought what lousy shots they were (thats's shots as in being able to use a gun)!
    Tim

Oo. Harsh :P

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    And I just thought what lousy shots they were (thats's shots as in being able to use a gun)!
    Ouch. haha, we just didnt want the video to end with a headshot in the first 30 seconds :p