Alright, so allow me to introduce myself. I'm Lejeune, you can call me Pat. I know little to nothing about Adobe After Effects, however I need to have someone explain to me how to do something using it. I play a browser based game online called CyberNations. Its a nation simulation game. Very much of the content is player made. So all of the diplomatic cables, graphics, videos etc. Its all made by the players, which gives us artistic license. The problem, is when someone has an idea, but that someone doesn't know how to make it come to life.

This is where I need a bit of help. I know how to use Photoshop in a limited newbie fashion. To the point where I can at least hold my own and do the things I need with it. Nothing terribly complicated.

So my idea is this. I have a video that I file converted off of YouTube. This video is the opening sequence for the BBC News network (Don't worry, Ill give credit where credit is due when I'm done). What I want to do is, at the end where it says "BBC News", I want to edit in one of two things. Either A. the flag of my alliance, or B. the words "DT News". Which ever one you think is easier.

Now, this box that says "BBC News" is there for quite a few seconds, so I'm not sure how exactly this will work. Talk to me like I'm an idiot. Because in terms of video editing...I am an idiot. I don't understand a lot of the vocabulary here...I don't know what it means by proxy or any of that terminology.

This is the video I converted:

The video is in MPEG format.
The Flag that could be edited in for option A is a JPEG.

I understand regular computer terms...I'm not a technology idiot, I'm just a video editing idiot. So the only terms you really need to explain in your instructions are the ones exclusive to video editing or graphics.

I'm on my knees begging you to help me out on this one. I've been fiddling with the program for days and have made SOME headway, but I'm pretty much buried under terminology that I don't understand.