Thread: Best software

Default Best software

Hi All I'm a new user so please be gentle....

I have been given 2 video's of my old band, shot 1992, handheld cams.... So you can imagine the quality of lack off.....

Anyway I am going to try to edit the two into one dvd.....

Problems are....
    1. There is no cue points... other than the music
    2. Even if there were cues both cams are switched on and off a few times....
    3. The audio on one cam is passable and the video on the other is the best.....
    4. The timing on the cams wanders

What software would you recommend?
    Is time stretching to match the videos possible???

Any help or suggestion would be gratefully received

Asking what editing software is best is like asking whats the best car, it all depends on what software feels right for you. The best way to go about it is to download the many trials available and see what one you like. After you find one that you prefer people here can help you when you run into a problem.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Hi thanks for the reply....

I am not totally new to digital editing... I have been using Cubase for multitrack audio recording for years....

Basically I just wanted a software that allows multi track video to be shown side by side.

Has anyone here every used multitack audi recording??? And what video editing software did you eventualy settle on???

most editing software gives you atleast 2-4 tracks.. the pro software (not software with the pro in the name) has unlimited tracks. If you are a music guy you might like vegas, it started out as a DAW and later became an NLE. Its popular with people that make music videos. I was a vegas guy my self for years. version 5-8. Over the years I have used corel, cyberlink, pinnacle, adobe.. pinnacle is the worst as far as im concerned.. Right now Im using and learning Edius because of the new project im working on, Ive had it about a week and im liking it. Its a new learning curve from switching from vegas. The bundled software is great and the diffrent codec and camera support is incredable. they do have trials of all the major software. Keep in mind most will not let you use mpeg or ac-3 audio because those are licenced and most be registered after you purchase it.. I will link to the sites so you can download trials and see what you like..

vegas
    Sony Creative Software - Vegas video - ACID & Sound Forge audio editing
    Adobe
    website design software | Adobe Creative Suite 5 family
    Edius
    www.grassvalley.com/edius
    Corel
    Video Editing Software
    cyberlink
    PowerDirector 9 - World 1st 64-bit consumer video editing software
    Wil

Software Used:

Many thanks for the replies....
    Some very useful comments

I think I will probably start off with Vegas.....

Many Thanks

You are very welcome, good luck
    Wil

Software Used: