Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning about Syntax Editions and CS Leigh

Default Warning about Syntax Editions and CS Leigh

If you are approached by Syntax Editions or a director calling himself CS Leigh, beware he is a rip off merchant and will not pay you for the work done.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. What happened?

You are not the only one. I own an agency who represents photographers, stylists and hair/make-up artists. Syntax Editions approached our agency. They wanted to use two photographers for their magazine. Expenses were going to be paid. The whole experience with Syntax Editions was a true nightmare.

His managing director Robert Threes doesn't excist. This is CS Leigh himself. He just wants to come across professional. At first hand he comes across very polite and kind. But he is a true wolf in sheep clothing. He doesn't produce anything himself. He wants you to do it and he asks very kindly to pre pay everything.

CS Leigh makes promise after promise and he breaks every single one of them.

In the end we never got paid anything. He got his editorials and we never saw a copy. You can not buy the magazine online. A friend of mine in London tried to buy it but Selfridges is not selling it anymore because they say it doesn't sell. Same for the Serpetine Gallery. They only sell the left overs of the first copy.

So if CS Leigh every approaches you, IGNORE & AVOID that man as much as you can!

Default syntax

same here. did a shoot was never paid. it should come out since december and nothing is happening.

Interesting, did the shoot you did for him have anything to do with 'An American In Paris' Pineye?

I actually managed to get some money off him and he claims to want to finish the work and says he going to pay me the balance of what he owes me, but I'm not holding my breath.

no it was in london in september. he is telling me since december that the magazine will come out in 2 weeks but none of my friends in london can find it. i was thinking about taking a lawyer.

I'm sorry to hear that, I think a lawyer will end up being a waste of money and time, as far as I can see he never gives his address out and seems to have a connection with Paris, to sue someone you have to know their whereabouts.

Anyway what ever you do, good luck.

Video Production Services Company UK London

Default syntax

so it means i just lost a big amount of money and cant do anything about it? there are more photographers/agencies for sure that got mislead?

I'm sure there are, in fact there must be 100s of people and companies he's ripped off, I found an article about him in the Times in 2005. If you can find him sue him.

Video Production Services Company UK London

well i probably won't find him. i'm just astonished that nobody can track him and do something about it. i mean it's not a few pounds we are talking about. it's getting harder and harder to find reliable clients. Where can I find the article?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast