Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning about Syntax Editions and CS Leigh

Interesting....... I looked at the syntax edition site....

As a general rule people who title themselves 'filmaker' are usually knobs (this IS a generalisation - but based on 20 years of observation at the sharp end)

He's on twitter too.... you guys could always air your feelings there....

Sounds like a professional tosser.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 03-28-2011 at 09:39 AM.

I know, it's hard when you have a mortgage, kids and other financial responsibilities and then someone doesn't pay you money you've already budgeted for, you just have to hope that one day his shenanigans will catch up with him.

Here's a link to the article The talented Mr Leigh - Times Online

Video Production Services Company UK London

When they made "far from china", they lived at the post-company for a very, very long time, lodgement paid and all. At the end, there was trouble. At last, the post-company wanted payment. So they started an idea of searching mony for a new "ghost" production to get finance, to pay a small part of "far from china". When the filmrecording was done, they started to search the company for the reels. Never found them
    Suddenly, things had to go quick: They were selected for Venice filmfestival. Transport was in front of the door. I let them wait. Called the organisation in Venice. Never heard of them. I was not surprised. Niki Lexa, associate producer and partner in crime called me, asking if the film left on transport. I told him about the call I did to Venice. He became nervous, and told me he should call back. I labeled the film with another name, and it dissapeared in an old film storage, to be discovered (or not) in 500 years. Niki's dead now, poor bastard, so you don't have to look for him.
    They were crooks. They did their première with a Betacam SP copy.

I don't know where he is. Some say he's sleeping with the fishes.

He is back !!!

Our company just did a job for him. Worked about an hour, day and night to finish a film. IMDb - A Quiet American: Ralph Rucci & Paris (2012) Very strange stuff. He was in London, we were editing in Oslo. Nothing was ready when we received the footage 1 week before the film was going to be ready. Worked our ass off.. The film got delivered, but it was never shown. I guess we can forget about getting our money from this job ! I will post in CreativeCows forums as well. This man is still alive.

Arrgghh, this man is a professional wanker!! Warn as many people you can about him, if you know anyone who speaks French, then post on French video forums as he does a lot of work in Paris. He is a fantasist and a scumbag!!! I was ripped off working on the same film, only then it was called An American In Paris.

He had some great footage, probably got from camera ops he ripped off, the only good thing that has come from this, is that I now tend to google people I'm about to work for.

Just curious. What work did you do on the film ? I thought the whole thing was really really bad.

I did some editing on it (links below), but he couldn't have used it, because I gave him so lo-res copies to 'show Canal +'. I did about 10 days worth, managed to get him to pay for just under half of that, then he disappeared.

An American In Paris feature trailer - YouTube
    Ralph Rucci Madame Gres story - YouTube

Video Production Services Company UK London

i have seen several of his films, does that not make him a film maker?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast