Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to do this effect in this video?

  1. #1

    Default How to do this effect in this video?

    Hey I would like to know how I can do the 3d name effect that the name sticks in one place like in this video:
    Thanks and please reply

  2. #2


    It's called matchmoving. Essentially it the very same thing they do to put CGI monsters in real world video, or futuristic CGI buildings in real citys. You need a 3d motion tracker and a 3d modeling tool. Such as syntheyes (tracker) and Maya, 3dsMAx or Cinema 4d (3d modeling). They're very expencive. There are free tools available such as:

    Voodoo digilab homepage

    and Blender - Home

    There's loads of video's on the web showing how to do this, google matchmove, blender and voodoo.


Similar Threads

  1. looking after an video effect
    By diabloklu in forum Cinematography
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 03:12 PM
  2. How Can I Get This HDR Video Effect??
    By Loose904 in forum Cinematography
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 10:25 PM
  3. Sony Vegas effect: Strange unadjusted effect block
    By MyInfectiousHate in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 11:11 PM
  4. Video Effect Im Trying to Do
    By salamibread in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 01:48 AM
  5. video/audio and after effect tips video
    By rollingstock in forum User Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 09:42 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts