Thread: Magix Pro Edit 17 vs Adobe Premiere Elements - For Special Effects

Default Magix Pro Edit 17 vs Adobe Premiere Elements - For Special Effects

Got a question for everyone. I'm working on a video project with some friends, where we're all recording a video to put to a song (long story).

FOr my portion, I am going to do some green screen effects, and play with the video on my laptop. I already got Magix Edit Pro 17, and so far it can do quite a lot.

However, after watching some videos online, I've seen a lot of people creating laser blasts, make their eyes glow, make fllaming eyes, tornadoes, human torches, energy blasts, etc with the Adobe Premiere Elements software. I'd like to incorporate some of those special effects into my video, or future video projects.

This may be a stupid question, but are these things I can easily do in Magix Pro Edit 17? I'm a total video neophyte, and while I can find a few "how to" videos online for Adobe, I can't find anything for Magix. I thought that alot of the video software was similar, so I don't want to waste money buying a second software package that does the same thing. The reviews for Magix were generally positive, but not sure if it was for all these other special effects.

Hi,
    I have used both programs and I doubt that Premiere Elements can out gun Magix as far as FX goes. The trick is to really learn how to manipulate the software to do what you want.
    I would suggest taking an effect and finding an online tutorial for Elements. See what they are doing and how.
    Then go into Magix and try to find the equivalent functions. Also try the Magix forum to see if anyone can help you out.